chapter - 4

I headed back to my apartment. Tonight we will be celebrating and I was so excited but my only concern was what to wear to the club. My stomach growled as I close the door and it's hard to think when I'm hungry. Throwing my tote bag on the couch I headed straight into the kitchen to find something to eat. I looked at the clock, I have exactly forty minutes before Steve and anna will show up. I quickly ate the small bowl of rice and went to take a bath. I wore a white satin shirt, denim jeans, and put on boho rings. Slinging on my black sling bag I gave myself a quick once-over in the mirror.  Perfect! 

When we got to the nightclub, the very large man guarding the door and allowing access to the club holds a clipboard in his hands. A line of expectant party-goers filled the entire walk away and reached around the corner of the street. we strolled to the front of the line, Steve has his arm wrapped around Anna's waist. Aww!  When Anna told the bouncer her name we were immediately granted access. 'wow, that was fast,'.

I was blown away by the huge three-story building. The music inside was loud and hectic and the place was fully crowded with happy drunk people and sloppy dancing. There were booths flanking two sides of the walls and a large U-shaped bar in the middle. Whoa! 

" Three tequila shots please," Steve shouted over the music.

"Make it two, I don't drink alcohol," I yelled in steve's ear. He raised her eyebrows in amazement. I don't understand why do people give me this kind of look when I say I don't drink alcohol. Is it that weird?

" What? tell me you are lying," he said.

" No, I don't drink" 

" You sure?"

" Yes, absolutely, you guys go ahead,"

" Well in that case two tequila shots," He ordered.

" You can order something else...if you want," Anna said concernedly. And I seemed to be at a total loss. I gawked at the different brands of alcohol on the shelves. This place has nothing for non-alcoholics.

" Umm...no I am good," 

The bartender put the two shots in front of them.

" Bottoms up!" steve said and they both clinked the shot glasses together before they gulped down and slammed the shot glass back down onto the table. We laughed as anna rubbed her chest at the burning sensation.

" Once more," Steve yelled and Anna nodded to my surprise.

" Guys we are driving back. And I am not familiar with the route," I scolded.

" Chill Somya....you need to Chill. we can easily handle these small shots," He snickered. They had three shots, screwing up their faces at the strong aftertaste.

" Come on, let's dance," Anna pulled me along with her. " You guys go ahead, I am gonna grab some water,"

" Okay, but don't take long," Anna pouted. " I won't". Anna was already jigging from foot to foot, itching to get onto the dance floor. " Go. I'll join you soon,"

" Could I get a water, please," I said to the bartender, leaning my forearms on the shiny granite surface. He nodded and left. While I wait, I glanced around, the club was really big, around three hundred people were dancing to incredible music. A few couples sat on couches enjoying their drinks. There were single people at the bar, too, looking around for prospects to hit on. As I was observing every detail of this place I realized the blond man sitting on the couch staring at me in a strange manner giving me a very uneasy feeling, he looked drunk. I immediately diverted my gaze, but I was aware that he was still staring at me. I looked through my lashes turned out he was still gawking at me. Before I tore my gaze he smiled, I nervously smiled back and immediately regretted, I should not have smiled at a stranger.