chapter-20

SOMYA :

I shrouded my body in a white organza one-shoulder calf-length dress, with floral beaded appliques on one shoulder, this dress has multiple layers of flowing silk organza, embellished with small blue and purple flower. I struggled to zip up my dress but I did it anyhow, I applied the perfume on my neck and wrists and let my natural hair fell in soft waves against my bare shoulder. I have completed my look by wearing light lavender high- heeled sandals. when I came out my eyes were trained to Richard, long before he looked at me. I saw him leaning against his very expensive black German car with his legs crossed at the ankle and his arms crossed over his wide chest. He was wearing a black tuxedo, his black bow tie was undone hanging around his neck, the collar was open as though he hadn't quite finished getting dressed.

Richard :

I was waiting for her outside, I was stunned to see her when She stepped out through the front door of the apartment building. Wow! Just Wow! I was speechless. She was looking absolutely exquisite in her white one-shoulder dress. Her dark brown hair flowing behind her in soft wide curl through the wind as she walk. Perhaps it wasn't just the dress that made her so beautiful, It was the joy in her face. She rushed towards me wearing her innocent smile. I just stood there paralyzed ogling at her amazing figure. I was completely smitten by her. Man, she has no idea how much she is capable of driving men crazy. I tried to ignore the fact that she is looking beautiful but I couldn't take off my eyes from her. I blinked, cleared my throat and stood straight as she came close to me, she smelled like fresh lavender.

"How do I look?" she asked me and spun around, I lost my words, she has no idea how beautiful she was looking.

SOMYA:

" You are wearing white," he said eyeing me up and down, with the hint of a smirk on his lips. I blinked a little hurt.

" So? " I looked at him dazed.

" That's a bride color, but never mind," he walked past me opened the door and slide inside the car. I was stunned.

What! Is he for real, instead of complimenting me he is saying I am wearing white, I can't believe this man...Seriously I will kill him.

Gulping down my anger I slide inside the car closing the door with a loud thud. As I fastened the seat belt I quickly took in the car interior, it was luxurious, clean and all off-white with soft rock music filling the interior. Seriously how much he earns!

"By the way, I forget to mention earlier but you are looking amazing today," he said with the trace of smile on his lips.

"I know," I retorted turning my gaze outside the window to hide my blush face. My so called anger was already melted. He ignite the engine with the push of the button and we drove off. For a few minutes it was a strange silence in the car. I thought of talking about the outburst of passion that exploded in the elevator yesterday between us. should I? Should we talk about it or pretend that it didn't happen? I glanced at him, Richard was his usual self quiet, slightly distant self, but today he was looking happy and relaxed too. He was driving with easy, lazy confidence. But Then I pushed back this thought in my mind, Why I am making a big deal about it, clearly, it was not a big deal from him.

" What's your friend's name," I asked breaking the strange silence.

"Nigel" he replied not moving his eyes from the road.

" So, how close you are to your this friend?"

" I am the best man at his wedding" he replied, turning and gazing at me briefly before his eyes were back on the road.

" Oh, very close " I mumbled. He grinned looking straight on road. I had no idea where we were going. I can only see ahead the endless road like a smooth black river on which the wheels float so effortlessly along. We were going far away from the hustle and the bustle of London city. We passed people, they were smiling, the weather was beautiful. We passed farms as we were heading out of the city, the scenery took on an almost tranquil quality.