chapter 17

Harry and I ordered our coffee. We were sitting at a stylish two-person table near the window of the plush cafe which was tinted. We sat in such a way that we were facing each other. I couldn't believe I was sitting opposite to Prince Harry, I was all giddy and excited like a sixteen-year-old teenager. Harry has worn a black cap which was drawn down close to his eyes in an attempt to make him unrecognizable. Neither of us said anything for some time though our eyes locked briefly in a conversation of their own until his phone buzzed. I watched him surreptitiously while he went through his notifications.

The waiter came and placed the two coffee cups on the table.

"Are you sure you don't want anything else to go with it?"Harry asked.

"No. I'm good"

"Do you want to know some fun facts?" I asked sipping on to my latte.

"Yes," his eyes sparkled with curiosity.

"The most expensive coffee in the world Kopi Luwak comes from the civet cat poop."

" What!" his eyebrows raised in disbelief. He stopped himself from taking another sip and sat the coffee cup on the table. He was pretty much disgusted which I found very funny and I couldn't help but laugh.

" Tell me some fun fact about you?" he asked crossing his arms over his chest and leaning back in his chair, cocking his head slightly he gazed at me with an amused secret smile. Man, How can someone be this beautiful.

" I can twist my tongue in 180 degrees," I said, my voice full of pride.

"Really?" He narrowed his brows quizzically.

" Yes,"

" Show me then," His lips quirk up in a soft smirk that reached down my belly, clenching it deliciously. I dragged my gaze away from his eyes and look around briefly.

"Okay then Here you go," I inhaled a deep breath before I twisted my tongue rolling it in 180 degrees. He blinked incredulously and his brows raised slightly in amazement.

" Are you for real?" He laughed still surprised.

" As real as you," I chuckled taking under sip. Suddenly my mobile buzzed against the table, instantly catching my attention- A text from Steve. As I unlocked the screen to read the message I stopped midway when I came across the Newsfeed that reads that today is Harry's mother's death anniversary. Shit! I didn't know about this.

I gaze up at him. He was absentmindedly gazing at the cup, his eyes unflinching and unmoving. He looked deep in thought, lost even. My heart swelled with sympathy and compassion for him. Oh Harry.

" I am sorry I didn't know that today is your mother's death anniversary" the words tumbled out before I could stop them. He looked at me, sadness took over his beautiful face. Shit! I shouldn't have brought this topic.

"You wanna talk about this?" I muttered sensing I have been moving on harmful grounds.

" I don't like to talk about this," he said his tone grew heavy, his eyes frost with Frustration and his whole demeanor hardened instantly scaring me. He looked away, gazing out of tinted glass, he looked utterly desolate. His expression was so pained that my heartache for him. I watched him quietly, waiting for him to recover from his ordeal. It was unbearable to witness him like this. I had no idea what to say, or how to comfort him to make his sadness disappear. I was racked with guilt, feeling responsible for refreshing his bad memories.

"It was My fault," he muttered glancing at me. Oh, thank god! He talked! I sagged with relief.

" What?" I whispered desperately trying to comprehend him while staring into his serious, beautiful, brown eyes.