chapter- 25

I excused myself and retreated from the hall to the playground outside to take the call. The night air was wonderfully cool and the stars were shining brightly above me. The call was from my parents. As soon as I took the call I can't wait to tell them what happened today, I mean meeting the celebrities part, not Harry kissing me, I felt my face blushing up even as I thought about it. After talking shortly I hung up.

I walked to the middle of the ground and stood there gawking up at the night sky, marveling at the pair of twinkling stars. The sky was arrestingly beautiful. Deeply inhaling the fresh air I removed my stilettos before sitting down cross-legged in the soft grass. I felt the blades on my palm as I caressed the grass while looking up at the night sky hoping to see a shooting star. It was so lovely- tranquil that I never wish to go from there. Suddenly I imagined myself lying in the grass and gazing up at a night sky with Harry besides me. The thought was lovely yet made me sad and I know why-because I am in love with a man who is already taken.

Suddenly I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt the presence of someone around me. I looked over my shoulder and found Harry standing beside me, looking up at the sky too. He stood with his feet apart, his sleeves were rolled up again, his blazer hanging in the crook of his arm and his other hand shoved in his pocket. Divine! just divine! Thank god! he can't read my mind else I would be died of embarrassment.

"What's the deal with you gazing stars always?" he smirked looking down at me, his eyes light with humor.

"This won't surprise you if you know me," I replied not taking my eyes off from the sky. I heard his soft chuckle before he sat beside me on the grass. I blinked, momentarily stunned. I mean he is prince after all. I have never imagined that a person who is a prince will sit on the ground with me without even any mat. To be honest I expected a little tantrum.

" Well then I would love to know you more," He spoke softly, turning his intense gaze to me. His tone electrifying my inside, taking away all my power to speak. I stared at him blankly, I don't know what to say so I smiled turning my gaze back to the sky. The way he looks at me drives me nuts, I want to kiss him, hug him but I can't.

" You know, Growing up, I was always so ready to run out at 2 AM with my big sister to watch the meteor showers rain across the sky... I and my sister used to sneak out in the middle of the night and lie on the roof to watch meteor showers... " I chuckled nostalgic, " Watching meteor shower was our kind of ritual, we never miss it " I sighed deeply feeling homesick "I missed those days so much,".

"You really are close to your family"

" Extremely close," I muttered.

"What are your best memories with your family?" I asked and I immediately regret saying this as I saw the sadness glisten across his eyes and his soft smile slowly disappeared.

" I and my parents had never been a family," he muttered gazing into the distance, almost as though he had detached himself from the conversation.

" Anyway," He smiled changing the subject. "Now you are free to go on the roof anytime, you don't have to sneak out anymore"

"I don't know" I shrugged, " I don't want to watch it alone,"

The air tossed my hair back softly, caressing my face.

" This will be the first time, I will be missing it...We've watched the Perseid meteor shower together every year of my life, every august, I've never missed the meteor shower "

" You don't have to miss it," he said.

" What?" I blinked tying to comprehend.

" You don't have to watch it alone, I'll watch it with you "