chapter- 8

The traffic had been murder when I left for office. Already running twenty minutes late, made my situation much worse. My usual parking space was thankfully empty and as soon as I parked, I jumped out carrying my purse and files. Like each day, I didn't forget to smoothen out the almost nonexistent wrinkles on my black pencil skirt which I paired up with a mint shirt. My hair had been pulled up to a quick bun although still leaving behind little wisps of hair framing my face, The elevator ride from the ground to the twentieth floor had been an utter rush and I almost didn't know when it started, and stopped. I was busy reading the report. I stepped out of the elevator and headed straight directly into my cabin While replying to numerous Emails at the same time.

I threw the files on the desk and booted up the computer, to transfer the presentation file to the Pendrive. Today is going to be so busy at work, I am barely here and I have a meeting to attend in a few minutes. I should better hurry up as the first meeting of the day is already ready to begin on time. And if I am not there. Andrew would kill me with his two invisible horns. while the file was transferring in the Pendrive. I scramble in my bag for the chocolate bar. I skipped my breakfast so this will fill me up for a while...I guess. It's my awful habit of carrying chocolates in my bag, well I should be thankful they are very helpful in emergencies like this...

By the time I finished eating it. The files were transferred to the Pendrive successfully. I plug it out, hurriedly collected files and my cellphone, and sprinted out of the cabin.

I was all set to go inside a meeting room, but I stopped when I saw Andrew gaining towards me. He was busily talking on his cell phone-apparently about work, I could tell based on his serious expression.

He finally stood in front of me, hanging up his call.

" Somya do me a favor, please convey this message that this meeting  has been put off for a while but we are gonna have this same meeting in next two hour and it will be conducted by our head of department himself " Andrew spoke, his voice a little tensed.

"Okay," I nodded.

"And somya do check that all the files are completed"

"Yeah sure" before I could ask anything, Andrew was so in a rush that he scurries off so fast that- like in the cartoons when someone moves so fast all they leave is a blurred trail of color.

As I walked back to my cabin, I saw Anna rushing too. 'What's with everyone rushing, today...seriously?'

" Hey Anna, Wait". Her attention snapped in my direction and a small smile tugs on her lips.

"Where are you going off?"

"To the meeting aren't you coming? " Anna responded, her eyes narrowed in confusion.

" No"

" What?"

" Yes...that meeting is no longer to be held...Andrew informed me just now and please give this message to everyone attending the meeting... but we do have the same meeting in next two hour and that will be conducted by our head of our department" I parrot everything which Andrew said to me.

" What? you mean Richard Willson...the head of our department Richard Willson is going to come" she exclaimed in disbelief, her eyes glinting with excitement as she spoke.

" Yeah...but, why are you... so excited?"

" How can I not be excited. You are talking about Richard Willson. He is so damm... Hot," her words came out hungrily and lustfully, which made me chuckle.

"I had only seen him in companies magazines and on Instagram but not in person, although he comes here back and forth but, for only a few hours, nobody gets the chance to see him... and You know what... he has a million followers on Instagram,"