Chapter- 42

I drank three cups of coffee and still, I couldn't concentrate on my work, the coffee that usually pushed energy and focus through my veins seemed like nothing but watered-down oil today. Every time I tried to focus on the paperwork or the laptop in front of me, something happened and my mind drifted back to Harry. 

Harry was constantly on my mind since yesterday. I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss and what happened after that. His words still ringing in my ear, especially one word- MISTAKE.  What does he mean by mistake? He kissed me not I.  Why did he come this close to me if it was a mistake?

Sighing I leaned back into my office chair, allowing my head to fall back. It was so frustrating finding answers to those questions, whose answers only Harry know.  I closed my eyes as hurt lanced through me. I fight to restrain the emotions that flood into me. Taking a deep breath, I glared at the papers scattered over my table. This is it. I can't let Harry ruin my day. I need to focus on my work now, with that thought, I took one more deep breath and got back to my work. 

Knock-knock! I glanced up and found Cara poking her head inside. 

" Richard wants to see you...Now," She emphasized the last word, which was enough for me to recognize that the matter was urgent and it can't be delayed.

I jumped out of my chair and immediately dashed to his cabin. 

knock-knock!

" Come in," The monotonous voice of Richard came from the other side of the door. 

As I opened the door, my eyes spotted Richard- sitting in his chair wearing a black shirt, Sleeves rolled up, hair perfectly combed but a little tousled in front. Super Hot!

 He glanced up from his laptop. Normally this is where he throws orders at my face,  Instead, he studied me from top to bottom briefly and an indistinct frown fits between his brows.

" You alright?" He asked shooting me a concerned look. A small smile spread across my lips realizing that this man can sense my mood now.

" Yes, absolutely," I replied but deep down yesterday's memory was bothering me like a hell. 

He doesn't seem convinced. His blue eyes peered at me more deeply this time "Are you sure?" He asked again, narrowing his eyes as he tilted his head slightly in order to have a closer look at me.

" Yes, Richard, I am fine," I gave him a reassuring smile. " You sent for me," I spoke shifting his attention from me, My eyes were everywhere but on him, because I knew If I will look into his eyes, he will catch me lying.

He sighed. "Yes. Please check this budget report. They are needed to be sent now"  He moved the file towards me on his desk.

" Sure," I sat across him and started to scan it. I could see him watching me from the corner of my eye as I flipped through the pages. An intense silence stretched between us until he broke it.  

"Have you taken your lunch?"

" Yes," I replied looking into his Blue smoldering eyes. Black shirt and blue eyes- Match made in heaven. 

"By the way, you look quite handsome today," I couldn't stop myself to compliment him. His lips curved up in a smug- smile and I regret saying it. 

"I don't think I heard you, mind repeating that," 

There he goes!

Rolling my eyes I glanced at him, he was trying very hard to stifle his playful smile and his eyes gleaming impishly.

" I said- you look handsome today," 

" Well I won't argue with that, I always Do," He smirked.

I scoffed in disbelief and shook my head. This man is so self-conceited " Have you ever heard of a word thank- you,"