chapter 36

"So when are we leaving for New york?" I asked.

" On Thursday. But you are staying here, You are not well,"

" No," I squeaked more sharply than I intended to, his eyes shot wide slightly at my reaction. " No! I am coming with you, I have already planned out what I am gonna do there, you can't do this with me, Richard, you can't cancel now, I am coming with you, That's it " I babbled.

" Jeez...okay fine, I was just joking," He laughed.

I gasped, " You are so cruel!". And so beautiful! but I didn't voice that thought.

"I know," he laughed a bit more. I rolled my eyes. uh...This man. Looking at him I couldn't help but smile at his childish laughter.

Once his laughter died he asked, " So, what Have you planned to do in new york?"

"Umm...hmm," I was blank, I had no answer. of course, I lied to him, I haven't planned out anything. He stared at me waiting for the answer.

" I knew you didn't plan out anything," he smirked.

"Yeah, whatever," I rolled my eyes.

The door opened, startling us both. An old Asian man in a white coat over pale blue scrubs strode in.

"Good evening, Miss Somya. I'm Dr. Alexander Fleming,"

" Hello," I smiled. he started to examine me thoroughly, shining a light in my eyes, then my mouth, and analyzed my report meanwhile all this time Richard was standing beside me attentively with his hand crossed over his chest, he only leaves me when his phone rang and he wandered to the corner of the room to take it. I hear him discussing the work. I have no idea how he was managing work and me at the same time.

Dr. Fleming checks my head, where I hit the floor, his fingers probing gently but firmly.

I winced.

" You didn't have any major injury, it's just a bruise."

I smiled in relief. Thank god I don't have any major injury or issue. I want to live.

The nurse entered with a tray of food and kept it on a wheel tray. oh, I am so famished,'

Richard mouthed, " I'll be back," and left the room smiling at the doctor and nurse.

" I'll prescribe you some medicine, Take it, in case you have a headache. Rest is Fine. I suggest you get some sleep."

" When I will be discharged, Doctor?"

"Depending on how you feel in the morning, we may let you go home,"

" Oh, Okay,"

" Take rest," he smiled and then exits the room.

The nurse pulled the wheeled tray over to me and places the food on it. It was some kind of liquidity thing that I was not able to figure out. Growing up in an Indian family I am habitual of eating spicy and colorful food. But this in front of me I have no idea what it is...ew

" What is it?" I asked the nurse disgustingly.

"Food" She answered roughly, raising her eyebrows.

" But it is too runny, don't you think". I said taking a spoonful of it and pouring it back into the bowl.

" This is what Dr. fleming has prescribed...So Eat," she retorted and left. I really miss my mum's handmade food. I anyhow forcefully gulped that thing. It literally has no taste... how can they give this to the patient. I finished it quickly and wiped my mouth with the linen napkin. Where the hell everyone is! a few minutes ago they all were hovering over me- and now. No Anna. No steve. No Richard.