chapter - 6

I couldn't take my eyes off Harry, my ears were completely shut to the voices around me. I was sipping on this non-alcoholic drink but I was high on him I was lost in my riviera- My harry. I kept staring in Harry's direction and saw him having a conversation with someone. Look at his heart-melting smile...Awwww

" Somya," Anna patted on my shoulder, snapping me out of my riviera. " You alright?"

"Yes," I smiled reassuring her. I reluctantly participate in the conversation for the sake of Anna but my mind was somewhere else. Oh god... I am so obsessed with him, more than he knows.

My eyes moved again in Harry's direction as if he has some magnetic pull. I saw him having a conversation with a group of people...now. He seemed to be enjoying himself. I always have the impression that rich people or royals are very spoiled, arrogant, rude, etc-etc. But he doesn't give me that kind of vibes...I mean, look at him. Hang on let's not judge the book by its cover. I barely know him. I mean in the end, he is a prince and rich guy.

Suddenly he glanced in my direction and caught me staring at him. My heart did a double flip inside and our eyes lock. My brain shut down completely and in that brief moment, I was paralyzed, staring at the impossibly handsome man who gazes at me with some unfathomable emotion. His gaze warm, eliciting butterflies in my stomach. I was absolutely lost in the moment until a small smile played on his lips. I quickly broke eye contact with a small smile in return and averted my gaze. 'oh god, what he is gonna think now...that I am so desperate,'

The song played now getting louder, maybe because now I paid attention. The phone buzzed in my hand, thankfully distracting me from him. Notifying me that a voicemail had been received from my parents and I listened to it immediately, since the music was a little loud inside to listen it, I walked straight over to the balcony. As I stepped out onto the balcony, the welcome night breeze softly ruffled my hair and whispered against my satin dress. I called my parents, and while I talked, my eyes took in the surrounding, It was a U-shaped balcony enclosed with a glass boundary, and just like the rest of the apartment, it was also furnished with wooden chaise lounges and a coffee table.

The call to my parents wasn't that long. They hung up very quickly as they were going out for a family function. Oh gosh, I am really missing my family.

I leaned over the glass railing and looked up at the sky which was black with few stars but was lit up by a crescent moon- staring silently down at me. My finger circling the golden rim of the glass as I stared at the serene moon. Randomly some stupid, funny memories of my childhood replayed in my mind, causing me to lunatically smile to myself.

As I go deep in my thought I felt the air was soft, Kissing my face and playing with my hair in an artistic way. And for the first time in my life I felt so far away from home, I just need someone from my family to comfort me or to hug me...right now. I have never been away from my family this long. I wanted to go back to India. But I can't...

I was snapped out of my deep thought and thrown to reality when I felt someone's presence around me. I looked sideways and saw Harry standing beside me, looking softly in my direction. My breath hitched momentarily and my body paralyzed at my position. His one elbow resting on the ledge of the railing and his other hand shoved inside his pocket. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks at the way he was looking at me. I don't know but something is different about his gaze. What kind of effect he has on me? Can someone be this mesmerized by someone?

His head cocked slightly and he regards me amusedly. " Don't you feel cold out here?" he asked. And for a moment not only I was hypnotized by his passionate gaze but was also hypnotized by the mellow tone of his voice. 'Oh my,'

" No, just a bit chilly," I somehow managed to reply. And our eyes locked momentarily, I froze as the warmth of his dark eyes drew me in. I wanted to keep talking but my brain was mush.