chapter- 34

Just when I was getting ready for my date with Romeo. The doorbell rang. Wondering who it would be, I hurriedly went to open the door while throwing my comb on the bed. I opened the door and gasped slightly in surprise- Enzo. I was surprised to see him not wearing his regular black suit rather he was dressed up casually in jeans and a pale blue shirt and then I noticed he was carrying a box in his hand.

" hi, Enzo,".

" Hello, miss, how are you doing?," He greeted chirpy. And rather than replying to him, my lips pressed in thin lips at his annoying habit of not calling me by my name. He realized his mistake soon and quickly rectified it. " Hi, Somya...how are you doing?" He grinned.

"Much better," I laughed, "I am doing great...Thank you"

" Look at you, Are you going on a date today?" I teased him.

"No," He chuckled softly "His highness sent you this," He gave me a box and a brown envelope.

" For me?" I was surprised at the same time curious about what might be under this box. My fingers were itching to tear off the wrapping paper and looked inside. But I controlled myself.

" Oh, How rude I am, please come inside," I opened the door wide.

"Thank you but I must go. I have to pick my daughter, she has this interview, today,"

"What!... You have a daughter?" I spoke a little loudly in astonishment causing him to wince a little.

" Yes,"

"Wow... no one can imagine that you could have a grown-up daughter, I must say you have maintained yourself very well,"

"Thank you," he went crimson. "I was 17 when Lissa was born," he added shyly.

"Holy shit, you were too young," I was unable to prevent the shock in my voice, which caused him to become a bit uneasy with embarrassment and shyness. Damn...I am so loud sometimes.

" Well, say all the best to your daughter, and thanks for this," I ended the conversation hence saved Enzo from my extra-dramatic responses.

" Thank you so much. she is looking forward to this job, I really hope she should get this job". Aww... how sweet, he is being a typical father.

"look at you, you are getting worried for no reason,"

" Yes, I am. Getting a job here is the only way she can stay in London. This will be our chance to get united after 16 long years," his face tensed up.

" Listen, if anything doesn't work out today, send her resume to me, we have some new openings in our company," I assured him, and immediately relief washed over his face and that chirpy smile returned on his face again.

" Thank you. It means a lot, Somya,".

" No problem, Enzo. I would be delighted to place her,"

"I must go, Lissa would be waiting for me...goodbye,"

"Goodbye, have a nice day," I replied. he smiled and turned on his heel to leave. I quickly shut the door and unwrapped the box. My eyes lit up when I saw the remote control car which I abandon at the shopping mall.

I opened the envelope and took out the white card.

I hope you will like your new car.

I chuckled softly as I read the card. Oh harry, My prince. I immediately grabbed my phone, clicked the selfie along with the car in my hand, and wrote the caption. Thank you, your highness, I love the car, I can't wait to take you on a ride. I giggled as I pressed the sent button.