chapter -38

I knocked at Richard's hotel room and waited for him to open. I knocked again but no answer. where is he? The meeting has been rescheduled to tomorrow, so we all are free today. I called him.

" Hey, where are You?"

" I am at the rooftop by the pool," He replied.

"What!... And You didn't tell me," I snapped.

" I am sorry...I thought you were sleeping, I don't want to disturb you," his tone apologetic. I rolled my eyes. " Yeah...Whatever!"

"I will be pleased if you join me," He said what I wanted to listen.

" Okay," I beamed. I heard him smiling before I hung up.

Taking the elevator I went right up to a rooftop. The elevator door opened and I saw a sudden burst of girls in bikini. I looked down at my baggy Black t-shirt and denim shorts which were way inappropriate to step in this area. In order to make my baggy t-shirt look stylish, I had tucked in the front of it and left the back end out and loose. The bikini girls smiled at me as they passed by and went into the elevator.

Now I know Why he is here, he is here to gawk at these beautiful ladies in bikini. 'huh Man will be Man!'. I huffed and moved further. When my eyes exposed to more areas, my eyes popped out... look at this place. the place was heaven found on the 45th floor. The oversized pool complimented by rows of plush white chaise loungers to soak in the sun, a trendy Mediterranean bar and boasting 360-degree magnificent views of New York City. the rooftop was so spacious. 'Just Wow!'

 And then my eyes landed on Richard, who was sitting peacefully under the shade of the parasol on a chaise lounge with his Macbook on his lap and his legs crossed at the ankle. he looked genuinely engaged on his MacBook. I hate myself when I am wrong about him.

"Seriously?... Richard," I hovered over him. he was wearing a white shirt and a pair of navy blue chino shorts. The button of his shirts was undone till his chest which was flaunting his tanned chest, and his sleeves rolled up. 'hmm... my weakness.'

" What?" 

" This is how you gonna bore me in this beautiful city," I complained propping my hands on my hips.

He gave a short chuckle. " I am sorry I don't intend to do this with you, but I just want to make sure everything is perfect for tomorrow's meeting" 

I sat on a chaise lounge beside him keeping my phone on the table near his cocktail drink. I gazed at him in utter annoyance.

" I'll promise After tomorrow's meeting my whole time will be yours, you can use it in whichever way you want," he spoke convincing me, still keeping his gaze on his MacBook.

" Will see about it," I retorted, rolling my eyes. I stood up and turned on my heel without giving him chance to say further.

I sat at the edge of the pool with my legs dipped into the transparent water. I turned behind to glance at Richard, but the view hasn't changed much he was still on his MacBook until he glanced up and caught me staring at him. He smiled charmingly and waved at me. I flipped my middle finger and turned though not before I saw him giving up a burst of laughter.

I glanced around observing the beauty of this place. this rooftop area has a high glass wall giving a beautiful cityscape view. I am pretty sure this place would be more beautiful at night. the waiters were serving cocktails and drinks. The place wasn't that crowded as I expected. While observing, the wicked idea crossed my mind. And I decided to put it into action at my own risk.

"Ouch!" I cried in fake pain looking at him grabbing my foot pretending that I hit it. Richard leaped to his feet almost throwing his MacBook aside and sprinted towards me.