Prom Night(3) (Ruby X Anonymous)

**************************************
This is the final of the chapter.

And Finally the revelation of this Anonymous. Lol.

*************************************

Their gazes met that felt like hours. Ruby soon looked away,followed by the Anonymous person. The atmosphere was awkward as they didn't know how to start a conversation,only for one of them to speak out.

"Uh— Hey..." The Anonymous person said while rubbing the back of his head.

"He-ey? What brings you here?" Ruby asked while looking away in discomfort.

"Uhm—Just passing by and saw someone out. You should get inside,its cold out here and who knows how long have you been sitting here." The person answered while staring at her.

"Oh..I see. Thanks for the reminder though,I'm not ready to go inside yet." Ruby responded while hugging herself even tighter.

'Why is he here?' Ruby internally thought.

That's when the person suddenly sat down beside her. She was shock at first since they didn't knew each other that much.

"Mind if I seat beside you then? It would be inappropriate for me to leave a lady in the cold night. Besides,Proms aren't my thing." Ruby gave a second thought to the person's words but only gave out a nod. The silence was deafening that it felt like hours,its only been seconds.

"So.." The anonymous person started,breaking the awkward tension. Ruby turned to face the person beside her.

"I noticed that you were crying, is there a problem?" He asked,while looking at the full moon. Ruby's lips quivered as controlled her tears again.

"J-just feel overwhelmed..That's all." And with that,she cried again. The anonymous person immediately took noticed of this as he cupped her cheeks with the expression of worry.

"Hey,Hey,Hey,What's wrong? Did I say something bad? Its ok if you don't wanna talk about it." He wiped her tears in ease but the obvious blush on his face was something. Ruby didn't seem to notice of this as she's busy crying,so now her vision is a little bit blurry.

Without thinking,Ruby hugged him. The person was surprised at first but soon hugged her back while stroking her hair for more comfort. The girl begun to tell her pain,tightening her hugged on him. The more she tell,the more pissed off the person was that he kept hugging her close. This went on for minutes before Ruby could calm down,then the person then grabbed a handkerchief in his pockets to wipe her tears.

" Shhh..Its ok,Its ok..I'm here Ruby." He said after wiping her tears. He then cupped her face to examine her expression.

"No matter how much you cry, you're still beautiful as always. Its ok,I'm here."

"Thank you X.borg." Soon enough,Ruby felt sleepy. The anonymous man named X.borg let her sleep on his lap while continuing to stroke her hair as he could her soft snores. It made him happy but at the same time,hurt for her.

'You didn't deserve this pain,Sorry for not being here to comfort you in person like this.' He internally said while looking at her sleepy form. Question is,'Who is X.borg to Ruby's life?'

***Flashback***

Back when he was in middle school,he encountered Kimmy and Claude. It didn't take long before they became a dynamic trio. They would occasionally do something troublesome that police would be involve, only for them to succeed on not getting caught.

It was a good year for him,except for a fact that he had to suffer from Claude and Kimmy's love life,making him a third wheeler. Though it didn't bother him that much,if only they could stop making out like there's no tomorrow. Sometimes,he would walk alone the school or even go to the library to read books about mechanics,his specialty. He then went to the rooftop to sleep,since he lost his appetite from Kimmy and Claude—thanks a lot. His sleepy time was soon interrupted when he heard a bunch of laughs that made him groan in annoyance,standing up and approached where the sounds are coming from. He was going to yell at them but instead hid behind a wall.