Heartbeat (Granger X Ruby)

So, You've been chosen again, Granger.

Granger: No surprise to that.

Alucard: He's the Author's favourite, Just look at the other marksmen. *Points*

Clint, Irithel & Miya ( They were my marksman mains before) : *crying as they've been replaced and I rarely use them*

Claude: Excuse me? What am I, A roach?!

No, A pain in the ass. I want my wallet back you Lil sh*t!

Context: Granger's tone-deaf so he can't understand music notes and Ruby's here to help him.

******************************************

"Now, This is the E minor then the E major.." Ruby explained while demonstrating the chords of a guitar in her hands. Granger needed a break from his violin and wanted to try out other musical instruments despite being tone-deaf. Although, He may have this condition that won't stop him as his passion for music is strong. He tried to get help from others but they declined, either their busy or because of his condition or because they just don't know how to play some instruments.

Ruby was his last resort and lucky for him, he was able to coincidentally bump into her. They encountered each other at a market where the maiden was just buying groceries. Granger had his doubts at first but asked anyway just to make sure. Ruby accepted his favour with a bright smile that made him pleased.

"I didn't know you play Guitar? Pretty good at it too." Granger complimented while strumming the chords the maiden taught him.

"Thanks. Well, No one asked me nor do I even show. I only play when I'm bored or when I'm stressed out." The maiden spoke while adjusting the strings of her guitar.

"If you're also wondering why I have two guitars, well, This one that I'm holding was gifted by my grandparents. And the one that you holding belongs to my grandfather, he and his buddies would usually hold a concert to entertain the neighbourhood. Good times too." Ruby continued but the male was quick to know what she'll say next and the aftermath of her expression.

"I see. This is also a remembrance of your deceased grandparents. As music makes you feel connected to them. I'm sorry Ruby." The maiden frowned vanished and replaced it with a smile.

"That's ok Granger, I didn't want to tell anyone that but it does help bring down the weight of the burden. Sorry to bother you with this unsettling story."

"I don't mind, I'll be your listener whenever you're ready to bring out other burdens. I'm not very good with communication but I'll do my best to comfort you the best way I can." The maiden smiled and 'thanked' him as the man's heart started to beat. As much as he didn't want to admit but he's been crushing on her since they had an encounter at Silvanna's grand birthday.

She was once one of the caterers that made an amazing buffet that everyone started to bombard her with compliments on her excellent cooking, Heck! Fanny proposed to her on making food in their household since his brother's cooking is shit. Tigreal was butthurt for that so he asked for some cooking lessons, only to never feed Fanny— much to her shock and begs.

"Let's take a break, for now, I need to cook lunch. Want any requests?" Ruby asked while the male just gave a small strum on the guitar.

"I'm fine with whatever you cook, though how about some mousse cake for dessert?" He answered, even to keep his posture cause he's blushing like an idiot right now.

" Ok, What flavour?"

"Chocolate."

"Alright, I'll be in the kitchen if you need anything." And with that, she left much to his relief. Granger gave off a small sigh while looking around, especially at the grandfather's guitar. It still looks brand new and very clean except for the small scratches but still usable. He guessed that Ruby's been taking care of their belongings carefully and neatly much to his admiration, falling in love all over again.