BIRTHDAY

[ BIRTHDAY ]

It's my birthday and I will be meeting Gio, my boyfriend, now. But as I saw his back standing with a girl beside him made me stop but no, I still walk towards him and greeted him.

"Hi, hon." I smiled sweetly.

"Oh, Tanie, you're there." He said and wrapped his arms around that girl's waist.

"Uh, who's-"

"I want you to meet, Fiona, my girlfriend."

"G-Girlfriend? I'm your-"

"Sorry to say this, Tanie. But our relationship is just a bet. I never love you and Fiona is my real girl. Sorry for -" my brain hasn't even accepted the following inputs he has said and what echoed in my mind is,

' I never love you '

What a wonderful gift for my birthday.
_________

My body weakens. For the second time around, I was fooled. I tried to hold my tears back until I opened the door. I opened the light and a loud sound and confetti hit my face.

'happy birthday to you~'

'happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you~'

My mom, dad, brother, and twin were singing me a birthday song.

I saw a huge cake on the table and my tears started streaming when everything started to fade.

Yeah, they faded in thin air.

They all died in an accident.

They all left me.

They're gone.

I have no one on my side anymore.

"I miss you guys." I miss how they sing me a song during my/our birthday.

But now, I'm all alone.

My tears didn't stop falling.

I leaned on the wall and sit on the floor.

"Mom, I need you right now." I wept as if I'm a kid.

"I wish, I was also in that car, so I had left this universe with you guys."

"I missed you so much!"

"I missed you!"

"Mom! Dad!"

"Tanie! Tanie! Wake up!" I gasped for air.

"Vrix?"

"Here drink this. You're dreaming again." I took a glass of water Vrix gave me and he wiped my tears.

"Thank you, Vrix." I hugged him. He's my childhood best friend, anyway.

It's been a year, but what back then was still haunting me like it just happened ereyesterday.