I LIKE HIM BUT HE LIKES SOMEONE ELSE

By:meanieMe

The music club meeting was through just a moment ago. Everybody left already and we're still here. Me, Zeighro, Zyde (my cousin), and Ken. We've talked about the program where we're going to perform. Yes, it's at  Anikka's birthday. Tito Drake asked us to perform for that day and of course it's our pleasure to. Zheighro and I were the vocalist, guitarist is Zyde and Ken is the drummer. And am so excited to do this again--to have a live duet performance with Zheighro.
Actually we're doing it recently. And my heart beats abnormally everytime I'm doing this. Who wouldn't right? I'm doing this with the person I like! Yes, I like Zheighro. He's a year ahead to me and aside from I love music, Zheighro is also one of the reason why I joined this club.
We weren't that close back then until they paired me with him after the audition. And it repeats everytime there's a program.
Were singing different kinds of songs. But I love the most is singing the love song. Duh? It's the only way I could express my feelings to him, of course!

We became closer to each other.

We're hanging out sometimes together with Zyde and Ken.

We even laughed together.

And the moment I couldn't forget is my birthday. It's exactly February 14, we are in a music room, just the two of us when he suddenly sing a song. I don't know if he knew but it's my favorite song! He's singing while strumming his guitar and I was abided by the beat--and we sang together. I don't know but his eyes hauls me to just stare at him. I couldn't help myself to.

Bumalik lang ako sa sarili when he flick my forehead and laugh. 

"Hailey, am going to sing that song to someone I like. What do you think?" I don't know pero bigla akong kinabahan.

"I love the song. You sing it well but it's better kung sa'kin mo kakantahin." I said it facetiously.

"Really? Thanks then."  He said and keep his guitar

"By the way, I'm going home first. Take care. See you tomorrow, Hailey." He said and he was about to get out when I call him

"Zheigh, don't you forget something?" He looked at his things and shook his head.

"I guess, I don't?"

"I mean...uh, yeah. Anyway take care of your way home." And I waved at him.

That day, I waited for him to text me or greeted me a happy birthday. I even opened my account on social media but I was too disappointed. Yes, he don't remembered.

Time flies by. It's Annika's birthday today.

Here we are now in front of the crowd. We greeted Annika and the crowd as well before  singing a song.

We've sang lot of songs already and I guess it's the last but Zheighro cleared his throat and strum his guitar, too. And I was shocked to what I am hearing right now.

He's singing passionately.

He's singing with a love in his eyes.

Thankfully I can sing the song well, too. 

Thankfully,  I've hold on to my emotions.

But I guess, I'm wrong when I felt a warm liquid scaped my eyes.

When he goes down and walked towards Annika.

Yes, he's singing my favorite song. Not to me but to her.

I remembered what he said to me in the music room.

''Hailey, am going to sing that song to someone I like. What do you think?"

D*mn! I'm hurting right now.

But yes, he's Zheighro. The guy I like.

And I didn't know that, that "someone" he like is Annika, my best friend.

May 21, 2020
_meanieMe_