CHAPTER 5: Confusion And Guilt

It's Saturday, Jennie woke up early. She felt her throat was dry that's why she will go to the kitchen and get a water to drink. But when she holds the doorknob and about to open the door, Jennie heard her dad's voice.

It just like her dad was talking to someone on the phone. She slightly open the door slowly to peek outside. Jennie saw her dad dressed up and she suddenly remember the woman who sent a message to her dad.

Jennie quickly go to her closet; get a pair of clothes and change her panjamas.

Her dad went in the garage and go inside the car. But Jennie just wait for her father to leave. The car engine starts and her dad drive away.

Jennie hurriedly go outside their house and bid goodbye to her mother. She grabs a taxi and followed her father secretly.

"Excuse me Sir, can you please follow that white car infront of us?", as Jennie requested to the driver. The old man nodded.

After a minute, her father's car stop under the bridge. She told to the old man to stopped as well to the one side. Jennie saw her father meet a woman. Jennie covered her mouth and started to cry. She's now already confirmed that her dad is having an affair to that woman.

She silently followed her dad and the woman went inside the small truck container that looks like a small house. Jennie run fast and she didn't expected Kai to showed up there. Both were surprised to see each other. Jennie immediately wiped her tears.

"What are you doin' here?!", Jennie asked Kai shockingly to see the boy.

The two were hiding quietly to the side of a small house.

"Are you saying that my mom and your dad.......", Kai stopped talking when Jennie started to cry again.

"But why here, out of all the places?" Kai mumbled. This small house is Kai's hideout but she didn't mentioned it to Jennie.

"I need to see", he added.

But Jennie holds Kai's arm to stop from looking into the window.

"I want to see too", Jennie said and still crying.

"Will you be okay?", as Kai said worriedly looking to Jennie. "No, but I still have to see them", Jennie said and looked to Kai.

Both were peek slowly into the window but it suddenly open so they hide again to not get caught. They heard the woman's voice.

"He couldn't come for several days so he told me to air out the place", said Kai's mother. "You should move these to a better place", said Jennie's father.

The two had the chance to see what's going on inside. The two saw their parents talking about the piano musical sheets. Kai and Jennie both laughed coz they taught that their parents were having an affair.

"I think I heard something", Jennie's dad quickly go near at the window to check it.

The two kids quickly run away until they reached the sea side. Jennie stopped from running as well as Kai. Both were struggling to breathe. Jennie look to Kai that is now smiling so bright at her. She notice they hold each others hand that's why Jennie quickly let go of her hand to Kai.

"Aren't you hungry?", asked Kai.

"Yeah, I didn't have breakfast", Jennie answered.

"Me too. Want something to eat?", he offered.

The two looked around and they saw a small store there. They ordered a box of fried chicken and a coke. They enjoyed eating fried chicken while watching the beautiful and clear sea.