CHAPTER 21: Determination.

Jennie's POV

"Nini, wait! Stop! It's not what you really think! Please listen to me!", Lisa yelled from a distance but I did not bother to looked back at her. I walked fast as I could to get away from her. So many questions going through my mind. That girl Mina, she saw me already but still she had guts to locked the door. And after what she did, she just proudly smile like nothing happened. Why did Nini allow Mina to kissed her?! Is she already flirting with Mina? I don't know how should I feel right now. I want to be mad but I can't. I don't want to be jealous and be hurt but this are all wrong. Because all this feelings cannot be allowed to our friendship. Why I am like this? I hate this feeling! We are just friends and this kind of emotions are not appropriate. I feel like drowning in my own thoughts. I didn't notice that she manage to get closer to me and quickly grab my arm to force me to look at her. We're now facing to each other. I could tell the disappointment was evident in my face. I didn't say anything instead I give her a cold stares.

"Nini, can you please let me explain?", Lisa pleaded.

"Explain what?! How can you explain that kissed mark? Are you and Mina flirting inside there? Really? In the restroom?! Why? So that I can't see you two?! Admit it. You like it to the point you didn't protest to her. When did you two started flirting? When I was too busy? I thought you've been behave all this time, Lisayah!", I blurted it out in frustration with her.

"I'm sorry Nini, it just happened. By that time, I'm too busy thinking a lot of things. I didn't know she's there. In fact, I confronted her by locking the door without giving me an explanation to me. After that, things gets so fast that I didn't–",

"Stop it already", I interrupted Lisa in the middle of her talking. I want this conversation to stop before it takes long and goes to somewhere. But she doesn't hold back and speak again.

"Can you just trust me?", Lisa said softly and I can see the sadness in her eyes. I didn't answer her question. It's not because I'm doubting her, I just don't want to expect anything from her again. I looked at her silently and smile bitterly.

A moment of silence.

"Are you guys fighting?", I searched for the owner's voice and I saw Jisoo Unnie. She's with Rosie. The two showed up suddenly in the middle of our argument. Lisa and I looked at them but neither of us don't want to speak. I can see that Unnie notice Lisa's face. Her eyebrows furrowed and looked curiously at her. She comes closer to Lisa to make sure what's on it.

"Yah! What happened to your cheek?! Why is it red?!", Jisoo unnie asked Lisa. Then her gaze turned to mine."Jenduek! Did you slap Lisayah?"

"No! I'm not. Just ask her if you want to know. I don't want to talk about it anymore. Please, excuse myself." I said plainly and left them.

"Unnie? Where are you going?", I heard Rosie talked to me but I ignored her.

"Nini! Please don't go! We haven't finished talking here!", Lisa shouted. I heard a footsteps behind me. I turn my back to face her. "Stay right there! And don't you dare follow me!" My eyes widen and my index finger was pointing at her directly as I warned her not to come near me. I turned my back on her. I want to stay away from her for awhile. I sigh deeply in chaos. I decided to go the school garden to refresh my mind and breathe freely.

I'm here at the garden sitting on the bench. This is my resting place in school. This is where I want to escape for a while. Where I can breathe freely, stay calm and relieve myself from stress to everything that keeps on bothering me. But I guess this time, it's not working. I think of her again and to what happened earlier. It's hard for me that Lisa and I are like this. I know staying like this is not easy. There's something form of suffocation occurring inside of me. I just want to break down with tears streaming down my face while I'm grasping for air. My mind and heart actually shaking. But all I can manage to do is to get this lump in my throat that is more a punishment than a relief. When I'm done, all I feel is worse and it seems as if I can never fully snap out of this chaotic feeling.

"Do you like her?" I heard a familiar voice and as I looked up, I saw Kai. I quickly wiped out my tears and face him. He's smiling to me but his eyes were opposite to it. He walks towards me and sit beside me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him. But he just laughed at me like I'm joking around here.

"Come on, Jennie! Don't make me a fool. I know why you're being like that. As time goes by, you make it feel obvious", he said.

"Obvious? What?" I confusedly asked. I still didn't get him.

"That you're obviously like her", Kai looked at me seriously and slowly wiped the last tear that came out through my eyes. "You still remember the night that I confessed on you?", he added and I just nodded to him. "You didn't say anything after I confess my feelings. But you just looked at her house. Yeah. I know she lives there. I know that you two were neighbors that's why you two always together before and after school. She's your childhood friend, right?", Kai said.

"Why are you saying this to me?" I asked. I remember all of it. But I didn't know Kai notice my sudden action on that night.

"Look, You're still confused until now. So what am I saying is, I want you to really know what is your feelings for Lisa and confirmed it for yourself. And as long as you don't know the truth, I won't stop." Kai stood up and before he goes away, he winks at me and smile. Then, he wave his hand and say goodbye to me."See you around, Jennie".

After a few seconds that Kai left me. Someone called me.

"Jennie Unnie!", I saw Rosie and she walks towards me.

"Why did you know that I was here?", I asked.

"Lisa told me about it. She said that you love this place and it's your favorite. I thought library is you like the most", she chuckled. "Let's go Unnie. Let's eat lunch with us. Jisoo is also looking for you". she added. And we went together to the canteen.

Jisoo's POV

Since lunch is near. We decided to go here at the canteen. I'm going to talk to Lisa about what happened earlier while Chae was looking for Jennie.

"Yah! What happened?!", I asked Lisayah.

"Mina kissed me", she answered.

"W~what?! What did you just say?!" I got surprised.

"You heard me Unnie, right?! I will not going to repeat it again.", she said reluctantly. She ruffled her hair in annoyance with herself. "What I'm going to do? Jennie's mad at me.

"Confess". I simply said.

"What?! Are you out of your mind, Unnie? Why would I do that?!", she said.

"You like her, right? It's now or never", I smile softly at her. Her lips form a smile and then she giggled at me.

"We are here! Let's order now." Chae said. She's with Jendeuk. I looked at her and I noticed her swollen eyes. But she averted her eyes on me. Did she cry? I glance at Lisa, she's now facing down on the table. I think she tried to avoid getting eye contact to Jennie. Both of them, feel uncomfortable with each other and choose to be silent.

"You two sit here. Lisayah and I will going to order our lunch for today." I insisted and pulled Lisa's arm and walked away.

We back to our place and we ate together. For this day, I'm sitting next to Lisayah and my dear Chaeyoung sits beside Jenduekie. The lunch time is over and we're heading now to our classroom for the last 3subjects. When we are walking through the hallway, I reminded Lisa again.

"Don't be afraid. Confess to her. Don't worry. I will help you". I whispered to Lisa and tapped her back. She stopped from walking and looked at me while smiling. "In our school festival. I will confess with her", she answered. As time went on, I'm glad she had made up her mind and already decided. Goodluck Lisayah! Fighting!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The rain go away and still I'm lazy updating this story. I'm sorry. 😔✊🏻 😅