CHAPTER 23: School Festival(Day1)

(Part 1)

Today is the first day of the School Festival. Jennie woke up so early because the Supreme Government Officers' call time was 7:00 AM in the morning. She really must be in school at 6:30 AM. She had finished take a bath, done with her breakfast and already well-prepared with her uniform and things she'll be needed later during their school festival. Jennie remembered what she and Lisa had talked yesterday about waking up early for today. She went again upstairs to her room and immediately pulled the red string to ring up Lisa's bell. "Yah! Lisayah!", she yelled. But there's no response in the other house. She tried to ring the bell again hoping Lisa will response but still there's no presence of the girl. She will be late if Lisa doesn't show up already. Jennie starting to get annoyed that's why she rushed into the girl's house. When she's going downstairs, Jennie saw her mother eating breakfast that she cooked awhile ago.

"Mom, where's dad?", she asked.

"He went to his studio. He just had coffee and left already", her mother answered.

"This too early?", Jennie asked curiously and her mother just nodded. She was surprised because her father always left in their house at exactly 8:00 AM in the morning. Jennie just ignored it and thinked that there's something urgent happened in his studio. Jennie gets the breakfast that she prepared for Lisa on the table. "By the way Mom, I have to go now. Bye." Jennie bid her goodbye and kiss her mother to the cheek. "Take care, my princess", her mother said and smiled to her daughter. She resumed to eat her breakfast and looked at her daughter to come out of their house.

It's easy for Jennie to went inside her friend's house. Because Lisa gave the duplicate of her house key. When Jennie opened the door, she noticed the entire house was quiet and the only thing she could hear was the wall clock. She looked around and there's no sign of Lisa everywhere. She hurriedly put the breakfast on the table and went upstairs to check if Lisa was in her room. She was shocked to see the room was cluttered and some of the pillows were scattered in the floor. The tall girl was still asleep while sitting on the floor as her head rests on the bed. She sigh heavily and massage her temple in disbelief to what her eyes had witnessed.

"Yah! Lisayah". Jennie said in serious tone. But Lisa was still not waking up. She walk closer to Lisa and quickly pulled on Lisa's ears. The tall girl wake up and scream in pain. Lisa immediately stood up while caressing her ears. She turned her back and she was startled to saw Jennie wearing her serious face. The eyebrows were furrowed and the arms were crossed. This time, Lisa knew she's dead now.

"OhmyGod! What time is it?! I'm so sorry Nini!". She hurriedly get her phone in the bed and saw the time is 6:20 AM now in the morning. She face-palm and glance to Jennie that were eyes squinting at her. Lisa slowly walk closer to Jennie.

"Nini?I'm really sorry. I thought I'm already awake the moment I turned off the alarm of my phone." She softly said and trying to make Jennie to be calm. But the brunnette girl turned away her body from Lisa.

"Clean your room first. It's so messy here. And after that, take a shower", Jennie said and went outside the room.

"Nini?", Lisa called out. Jennie looked at her and waiting for the tall girl to speak. Lisa took the key into her desk drawer and give it to the brunnette girl. "You can go to school first since they need you there before 7:00 AM. Use my bike and here's the key to the chain lock", she said. Jennie took it and started to walk outside her room. "Thank you, Lili. Be sure you're already there at 8:00 AM", Jennie said and close the door after she leave Lisa in the room. Before Jennie finally left and went to school, she make a coffee and put it beside the breakfast that she brought for Lisa and leave a note. 'Eat before you leave and be careful going to school. See you, Lili.'