CHAPTER 23: Part Two

Jennie's POV

After a short briefing, we parted ways and go to our assigned task. Kim Taehyung and Min Yoongi went to the entrance and accommodate all the students that are coming.

The singing competition will be held at the auditorium and will soon starts after an hour. Me, Irene and Rosie run all the way here to the said location and checked the lightings and the sound systems if they were functioning properly. Also, to avoid any technical problems that might happen.

The auditorium was occupied already by teachers and all students coming from different sections. Every students have banners to support the representatives of their section. Everyone were so excited and lively.

Meanwhile, all the participants were preparing themselves at the backstage. But Lisa still hasn't come yet. I told her she should be here before 8:00 o' clock. Did she back out already?! I get my phone and try to call Lisa but her phone isn't available. Maybe, she's with Jisoo Unnie because I haven't seen her too. So I tell Rosie to contact Jisoo Unnie and asks if Lisa is with Unnie. Then, Rosie will gonna inform her that the competition was about to start.

"Unnie, I already called Jisoo but her phone isn't available. You know what? Don't worry. They will be here before the competition starts or maybe they're just around somewhere here in school. So please try to calm down yourself, Okay?", Rosie said and smiled at me.

While having a conversation with Rosie, the Principal already introduced me to everyone.

"Please, all welcome our student President, Ms. Jennie Ruby Jane Kim...."

"Unnie, you can go there now. I'll take care of everything here", she said.

I immediately went up to the stage to make an opening remarks. Everyone applauded as they see me on the stage.

"To our beloved Principal, to all teachers and also, to all my fellow students, good morning. Thank you to each and every one of you for being here today. I am very pleased to be able to welcome those of you that have been here for a long time now as well as those who are new students here. Today is the first day of our school festival. And before we get started, I would like to express my sincere appreciation to all teachers, especially to our dearest Principal who approved this event and to all my co-officers and each representatives of different sections who generously helped me to make this very special event happened. I would like to inform everyone that we prepared a package of full entertainment with encouraging activities, delicious food items, and several programmes that I'm sure you guys will enjoy. That's all for today. Thank you."

After my speech, the singing competition started right away. I sat down next to Rosie that was sitting in the front row. Time passed quickly and some of the participants already performed on stage. I'm kinda disappointed with Lisa because she's not going to sing in this competition. I'm looking forward to watch her perform again on stage for the second time around. But I think, this will not going to happen today.

"Unnie, you okay? Are you mad with Lisa because she's not here?", Rosie asked me.

"N~no, I'm not. Why would I?!", I refuse to say.

"I thought you're very excited to see Lisa sing again on stage. I bet you really like her voice more than mine. I remembered that night at the bar when I saw how you admired her while singing on the stage", Rosie said and giggled at me. But I just looked away at her so that she doesn't notice my face was all redden and continues on watching the last participant to sing.

I gazed to Irene that was exactly looking at me and tried to say something on me. I think she's looking for Lisa. I instructed her to inform everyone that there's no more participant and the competition will proceed now to judging. But Irene suddenly speak on mic.