Chapter 22 Slamming Doors and More Texts

Shane's POV

I wake up to hear a door slam really loud. I look over at Joey and see he's still sleeping in my arms. I slip away from him slowly so he doesn't wake up. I peeked out of my room and of course if was my dad. He started stomping up the stairs. I quickly closed the door and closed the wheelchair, picked up Joey and hid him in my closet. I closed the closet doors and all of a sudden my dad comes bursting through the door and yells at me.

S Dad: HEY F*G! HOW'S IT GOING HUH???

I gulped and I stayed quiet, he kept walking towards me and I kept walking back until my back reached the wall. I was scared out of my mind. When he balled up his fist, I kicked him in the balls and he fell down and I quickly got Joey out of the closet grabbed his suitcase and some of my clothes and my bag with my notebook and ran outside. Shit I forgot my keys... I put Joey in the wheelchair and quickly ran inside, got my keys and both of our phones and my dad started running towards me. I ran out the door and slammed it quickly. I heard a bang on the door and helped Joey inside the car. I put our stuff in the back seat. The front door opened and I quickly got in, started the engine and drove away before he reached the car. He yelled, but I couldn't hear him because I drove really fast.

Joey's POV

I was still sleeping and then I woke up and saw Shane peeking through his door. I heard loud footsteps coming upstairs. Then I see Shane close the door folded up the wheelchair, picked me up bridal style and put me in the closet. I peeked through the closet door and saw his dad walk in his room. Shane kept backing up until he reached the wall. I wanted to do something, but I couldn't because of my damn stomach. I see his dad clench is fist and then all of a sudden Shane kicked him in the balls and ran towards the closet he picked me up, grabbed the wheelchair, my suitcase and some of his clothes. He carried me down stairs as fast as he could. My stomach started hurting really bad. Once we got outside, he forgot his keys so he put me in the wheelchair. He ran into the house and maybe it took him like five seconds and he came out with the keys and our phones. I guess he saw his father running to him really fast and Shane slammed the door and there was a loud thud like something hitting a wall and falling down. Shane ran towards me and put me in the passengers seat and put our stuff in the back seat. All of a sudden, his dad came running out and ran towards us, but Shane got in the car, started the engine and drove away as fast as he can go. We looked back and his father was yelling at us, but we didn't know what he said because we were already driving away.

Joey: Hey Shane?

Shane: Yes Joey.

Joey: Where are we going?

Shane: To your mom's house.

Joey: Ok.

As we got to my mom's house, Shane went to my side of the car and helped me into the wheelchair. He locked his car and we went inside. My mom came running to us all happy and full of joy.

J Mom: Hi Joey and Shane!!! What brings you two here?

Shane: Well my dad is a real psychopath and tried to beat me up. But he didn't cause I kicked him in the balls and helped Joey to my car and we came here.

He said that with pride. I was laughing and so was my mom. He started laughing also and I smelled something, something really juicy and tender. My mom looked at me with a confused face and then she smiled and noticed what I was smelling.

Joey: MOM you made CHICKENANYA!!!! <3 I'm sooo obssessed with chickenanya.

J Mom: Yes honey I did would you like to eat? I also made rice too if you want it with your chicken.

I couldn't answer because saliva was running down my face and I guess she took the answer as a yes.

Shane's POV