Chapter 30 Finally no more crutches!!!!

1 Month later

———————————

Joey's POV

Ok this is possibly my last doctor's appointment to get these bandages off and stop using the crutches. My mom drove me to the doctor's office. She signed the papers, as usual, then the doctor called my name and my mom helped me up. They did the usual stuff weight, height and the other stuff. After a couple minutes the doctor knocked on the door and came in.

Doctor B: Hello Joey. How are you feeling today?

Joey: I'm feeling good and I'll feel even great once I get off these crutches.

He laughed and said

Doc. B: Ok Joey can you stand up?

I stood up, but didn't stand up as straight as he wanted me to, but I said it was because of the bandages. So he took the bandages off and I stood straight.

Doc. B: Ok Joey you don't need the crutches anymore, but just in case I'll send some to your school if you can't handle standing up again. He gave my mom some neosporin and some extra bandages just in case if my cut starts to somewhat bleed again.

We finally left and my mom drove to our house. She helped me inside and sat me on the couch and put the neosporin and the bandages in the bathroom. I watched t.v. while she made dinner. Mmmm Chicken. When I was watching totoro, my mom gave me some chickenanya with rice and vegetables. Also my smoothieanya.

Shane's POV

Ok so it's been a month now and I think Joey's doctors appointment is today. I looked through my twitter and it was the same old stuff from before. I'm bored. I smell my mom making dinner and it smelled like chicken. It reminds me of Joey and his love for chicken. I miss Joey. I ate my dinner and checked the time 9:00 well then I'll go to bed now. Right when I was about to get up my devil of a father came bursting in through the door and I could tell that he was drunk.

SFather: Well well well looks like I get to beat up someone today.

I quickly got up and tried to run until he grabbed my shirt and threw me to the ground over and over again. I felt so much pain throughout my body. Then he started punching me in the face and kicked me in the stomach. He finally left me on the ground aching with pain. My mom ran towards me and picked me up and helped me up to my room and bring an ice pack and put it over my eye. I knew that I had a black eye.

Joey's POV

I finished eating my chickenanya and when I was about to get up to go to bed my dad came in through the door. He kept calling me names that were hurtful, but I've already gotten used to them.

JFather: Well well well looks like someone isn't on crutches anymore.

I was about to get up but my legs gave up on me and I fell back on the couch. Dammit I hate my life. He picked me up and started beating me over and over again and it hurt so much. I was so close to recovering from my injury and he just made it worse. He kicked me in the stomach numerous times and when I looked down at my shirt my stabbed wound was bleeding again. I groaned as he grabbed my shirt and kept hitting me against the floor. When he finally left I was coughing up blood. My mom ran towards me with a towel and cleaned my face. Thank god I still had my other crutches just in case I forgot them here I'll ask for my new ones at school. My mom helped me up to my room and gave me an ice pack and put it over my eye. I knew that I had a black eye. She also grabbed some neosporin and the bandages and started to wrap them around me. I somewhat felt better, but not as much.