Chapter 18 The nurse's office

Joey's POV

I started opening my eyes and wondered where I was. Then when I was fully awake I saw Shane laying next to me. My head hurt so much. What happened today??? Oh ya I got punched in the face and had my head slammed against a locker. The nurse saw that I woke up and helped me sit up, but I couldn't. My stomach hurt so much I couldn't move. So then the nurse called my mom so she can pick me up. When I saw Shane woke up, the nurse tried to help him sit up, but he couldn't. So she called my mom again and told her that could pick up both me and Shane.

Shane's POV

I woke up and saw that Joey was already awake. The nurse tried helping Joey sit up, but he just fell back down on the bed. Once she saw me, she tried to help me get up also, but again I fell on the bed. She called Joey's mom and she told her that she could pick up both me and Joey.

Joey's POV

My mom came into the nurse's office and helped put me and Shane into wheelchairs and took us to her car. When we got in, we layed down next to eachother and she started driving to her house. When we got there she grabbed both wheelchairs and put me into one and Shane into the other and wheeled us inside the house. She pushed our wheelchairs into my room and she helped me and Shane lay down on my bed.

 Joey's mom POV

When I was making dinner I heard my phone ringing, so I picked it up and then a nurse was talking to me. I heard that both Joey and Shane were knocked out in the hallway. She told me that I could pick them up. I turned the stove off so the place wouldn't set fire. Then I grabbed my keys and drove to their school. I was walking into the nurse's office and saw that both Joey and Shane were awake. The nurse grabbed two wheelchairs and I helped her put Joey and then Shane into a wheelchair. She helped me take them to the car. I had them laying down next to eachother and put pillows around the seat so they wouldn't fall off. The nurse said I could keep the wheelchair and I said Thank you. I put the wheelchairs in the back of the car and drove home. Once we got there, I got both wheelchairs and helped Joey and Shane into them. I locked the seatbelts that were provided for them and took them inside. I rolled them into Joey's room and layed them both on the bed. After that, I called Shane's mom and told her that Shane could stay the night. When I walked back to the kitchen, I finished making dinner and put chicken on three plates one for Joey (his favorite food), one for Shane and one for me. I took the plates to Joey's room to find them both asleep. I smiled and walked out the door. I put their food in the microwave and ate my own dinner while they were sleeping.