Chapter 1

Niall's P.O.V.

Hey! I'm Niall. I just moved to a new school but still am living in the same small town of Mullingar, Westmeath, Ireland. I really hate moving high schools. I always lose friends and I hate making new ones. Well, I don't hate making friends, but it's so hard for me. I'm not exactly everybody's favorite.

"Honey!" My ma called. She came and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Yes, ma?"

"Do you have your bookbag? Your lunchbox?"

"I got it, ma."

"Ok, have fun! Make lots of friends, okay?"

"Ok, ma!" I said as I walked out the door. So that was my ma. Her name? Maura. I live with her and ONLY her. My dad broke off with us sometime ago, and my brother went with him. It gets lonely here. My ma recently got upgraded on my job, so we move a little closer to her work, making me switching schools.

I glanced around the neighborhood, making sure there were no cars in the way so I can cross the streets. Time to walk to school!

---

It's early September and the weather's already getting colder. My ass is already freezing just from walking to school. I got into the school building. There was a hallway with chairs and benches, letting the students, rest there. I walked down the hallway... pretty small school.

I looked at all the other kids that were there. They dressed fashionably, with boots, skinny jeans, t-shirts, and make-up. Most of the kids seem tall, or maybe because I was short...

I saw a girl who was about my height. Not too tall, and not too short. And blue eyes... She was beautiful. She was standing with some dude. Tall and brown hair. Swishy like Justin Bieber. Eyes also blue, but they weren't as glossy as hers. He stood there, arms around her. His head resting on hers. Oh. Her boyfriend.

She had black hair with blue highlights. Her eyelids caked with make-up. I looked at her and smiled. Her eyes saw me and I turned around, embarrassed to be caught. I started to walk away.

"Hey!" She shouted. "Stop walking away, I want to talk to you." I stopped and turned around. I faced her nervously as she continued to talk. "You new here?" I nodded. "I knew it. The way you dress. Haha!" I noticed my clothing. They didn't look THAT bad. They just didn't match up to her style. "What's your name?" She asked me.

"N-Niall H-Horan."

"Look guys! He stutters. Haha!" She said and her boyfriend laughs, along with every other guy in their group. "He's such a loser!!!!" And the crowd roars even more.

Ouch. That hurt. I ran off to the boys' bathroom. People laughing as they walk out as I walk in. I went into one of the stalls and locked myself in there. I sat down and cried.