Chapter 9

Jade's P.O.V.

I woke up next morning in my bed, not Niall's. What happened last night? I looked at my clock: 5:15am. Ugh. Too early. But I couldn't sleep. So I walked to the kitchen. There stood my mom, eating a sandwich.

"Hey darling!" My mom said with her mouth full.

"Ermm. Mom, what are you doing up this early?" I asked her.

"I got hungry!" She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, I got a question for you, mom."

"And what is that?" She said while she chews. Ew. Can't she just swallow before she talks? No one wants to see her mashed up food inside her mouth. That's disgusting.

"How did I get home? I mean I'm pretty sure I fell asleep at Niall's house.

"Who's Niall?" She asked.

"This boy that's been tutoring me."

"Oh! That kind young lad! Yes. He dropped you off here. He carried you straight to your bed and put the covers on you. He is so sweet! You should be dating him!"

"Ew!!!! No! Mom! He's a nerd. A nerd! And I'm a popular girl! Have you even forgotten that I have a boyfriend? His name is Mason!"

"Oh that lad." She said plainly. "You know. I don't really like him."

"Well, that doesn't matter. He's my boyfriend and I really like him. I'm not going to break him off for some nerd I just met like a month ago! That's crazy!"

"Whatever you say, honey! But I don't trust him." She said. Okay! Is she trying to make me angry!?! Because it's working! I stomped into my room and slammed my door. I have never been so mad at my mom.

I searched for my iPhone. Where is it? I looked around my room and flipped my bed upside down. Not here! WHERE IS IT?