Chapter 12

Jade's P.O.V.

It's been a week and I've been avoiding Niall at all costs. I left Niall for the stake of mine and Mason's relationship. It is Midterm Day. And I'm afraid I may have forgotten everything. I don't wanna forget everything. I wanna remember. I wanna pass.

I sat in class, fidgeting as Mrs. Snow hands out those scantrons. Niall looks over to me and asked, "A-are you okay?"

I whispered, "No. What if I forget all that you taught me?"

"Y-you won't. You'll make it. I have f-faith in you." He said.

"Shhhhh! No talking! Test is starting!" Mrs. Snow announced. I shot him a smile and she smiled back, weakly. I know he was beaten up by Mason. It was wrong, but I couldn't do anything about it. Not unless it would result in a breakup. And I didn't want that to happen.

I looked at my test booklet. #1. Find the derivative of cosine(41x). Oh! I did one just like this one. I think back to the time when we were studying together:

"Ok. Well when you take the derivative of cosine 4x, it's negative sine 4x. And then you take the derivative of the 4x which is 4. So the answer is negative 4 sine 4x." He explained as he wrote out the steps.

Then I looked at his work and said, "Oh." I smiled and he smiled back. His smile. It was cute. With his crooked teeth and his sparkly blue eyes. Wait! Wait wait wait... No! No. I have to focus. He's not cute. He's just some loser... who listened to Justin Bieber. My thoughts drifted off again.

"Well, how you know that's Justin Bieber? You probably listen to his music as well, don't you?" I remembered he had said.

"Yeah. I do listen to his music. He makes good songs. But I know because the name's on it." I smirked. He blushed in embarrassment. And  I laughed inside. His blush made me smile. His adorable little red face. Wait! Adorable? No. No no no. He's not adorable. I have to focus.

I looked back at the clock. Ten minutes have passed. I have really drifted out that long? I looked into my test booklet and started working away.

---

I looked at the clock: Fifteen minutes left. And I have ten problems. Ok. I can pace myself.

---

The bell rung and I was on my last problem. Mrs. Snow announced, "Time's up! Put your pencils down and pass your test booklet and answer booklet to the front."

Dang it! I had one last problem. And I didn't even get a shot at it. Oh well.. I probably failed it anyway.

I walked out of the classroom and Niall was behind me. "So how d-did you think you d-do?"

"I don't know. I dozed out a lot. My thoughts distracted."

"M-me too." He said and he smiled. I smiled. Then he saw something. I turned and see it was Mason coming towards us. I turned around and he was gone.