Chapter 13

Jade's P.O.V.

It's the day before Winter Break and our scores from our exams are back. So far, I made a B or a B+ in everything. Now it's time for Calculus. I am scared the shit out of me.

"S-so Jade, w-what did you think you made?"

"I don't know. I think I failed. I dozed out a lot."

Mrs. Snow started handing out the grades. I heard a lot of groans and a lot of gasps. I had a feeling that I probably didn't do so well. She stopped at Niall's desk and smiled. She then hand him his grade. Niall's eyes widened. "Really?" He whispered. Mrs. Snow nodded her head and moved on.

"What did you get?" I whispered.

"A 99. I'm so happy." He said and smiled. Then he saw my face expression. It was full of worry. He whispered to me, "D-don't worry. I know it's a good score. You st-studied really hard. I believe in y-you."

I smiled, weakly. Still not sure if it's true.

Finally she had one answer booklet in her hand. It was mine. She looked at me and placed the answer booklet on my desk, faced down. REALLY!?! Does she have to add more suspense? Niall looked at me and nodded. Everyone turned to face me. I felt like the world's attention was on me. It made me more nervous than I was before.

"FLIP IT OVER!" Everyone yelled.

I flipped it over and looked at it. I was about to faint. It was a 98. Everyone gasped when they saw my grade... Then they cheered. Mrs. Snow looked at me with a smile. She knew that I could do that. And I proved her right.

Niall's P.O.V.

I saw Jade got on top of the desk and stood on it. She started yelling, "Everyone! Listen up!" People stopped chattering and looked at her.

"Jade sit down. You're going to get in trouble." I whispered to her.

"Shh!" She shushed me. Ouch. Then she continued "I'm throwing a party tonight and everyone is invited!" The class roared into applause and chatter again. She sat down and looked at me. I didn't say anything. She nodded and winked. Wait... DID SHE JUST WINKED AT ME?

I smiled and she smiled back. I just got invited to the party.