Chapter 41

Niall's P.O.V.

Beep! Beep! Beep! I opened my eyes and slammed the alarm. It fell to the floor and broke. Oops. I took out my phone and checked the time. 6:30am. Ugh. I groaned and got up. Exams have started and I have one more day to go. Today... just Calculus. I showered and got dressed, brushed my teeth and my hair. Then I rushed off to Jade's.

I parked my car and walked inside. There was Jade, sitting by the kitchen island. She looked like a mess. Her hair was in tangles and her makeup was horrible. Is she okay? I walked up behind her and put my arms around her waist. She turned around to smile, but only to frighten me more. Her skin was pale, her eyes had dark circles around them, and her lips were blue and chapped. Her hands were trembling tremendously.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She replied by turning back around to run to the sink and throw up. She washed her face and walked back to me. "Yes, why?"

"You look pale. Are you sick?"

"No. I'm fine. This is normal for me."

"Throwing up is normal?

"It is when you're pregnant, babe."

"I think you should stay home today."

"I can't. We have our Calculus exam today."

"Maybe I can ask her to let you make it up."

"Thank you, Niall. But no."

"You know I worry for you. I love you." I said and kissed her cheek.

She blushed a deep red and said, "I love you, too." She then hugged me and I helped her get cleaned up.

---

We walked to Calculus and sat down. My hand still holding hers. I smiled and she smiled, just weakly. She shut her eyes for a few seconds and squeezed my hand. I look into her eyes with worry and asked, "Are you okay?"

She nodded and spoke, "Y-yeah. I'm f-fine."

"Are you sure?"

She nodded, but inside she wasn't okay. I know she wasn't. She just didn't want me to worry about her. I looked at her, observing her face. It was pale. Her eyes showed hints of pain. She wasn't well and she knew for sure that I knew she wasn't. She can't hide from me and I need to help her. I raised my hand.

"Yes, Niall?" Mrs. Snow answered.

"Jade isn't feeling well. Can I take her to the nurse?"

"She can take herself to the nurse." She said to me, then turned to Jade, "Come get this pass."

Jade's P.O.V.

Are you serious? Niall was going to take me to the nurse. He was being sweet and Mrs. Snow won't let him. Fine. I'll go... by myself. I got out of my seat and walked towards- ouch. That's what everything blacked out.

Niall's P.O.V.

"JADE!" I screamed but she didn't hear me. She was already on the floor. Her eyes closed shut. I started to panic, "Jade! Get up! Please! Jade! Get up!" What if she can't get up? What if she fell and broke her legs? What if she can next walk again? And if she can't walk again, how is she going to walk down the aisle when we get married? How? Or worse... what if she's dying? Calm down, Niall. Calm down. She's gonna be okay. Keep your cool.

I exhaled my breath and looked at Mrs. Snow. She was busy talking to someone on the phone, panicking, "Can you please get the nurse up here? Why!?! Because one of my students fainted. No! I can't just wait for fifteen minutes! What if she dies? You wouldn't do that if that was your child, would you? You don't have a child? No wonder! Well, just get up here!"

She slammed down the phone and turned to us, "Students. Keep calm. Don't panic. The nurse is on her way. And yes, she's very INCONSIDERATE!"

---

The nurse had taken Jade away and they were on their way to the hospital. Poor Jade. Mrs. Snow wouldn't dismiss me from class, so I had to finish my exam. But I needed to see Jade! My poor Jade!

---

I couldn't even focus on most of the exams because of Jade, constantly worrying about what will happen to her. As soon as the bell rung, I handed her my exams and ran out of the building, to my car. I drove to the hospital.

I parked my car and spoke to the receptionist, "Jade Taylor."

The receptionist replied, "Emergency room 17." I nodded and smiled. I walked to the emergency room department and found room 17. I stepped in. Jade. There she was. Lying on bed. Skin pale. Lips blue. Swollen eyes. She looked.... lifeless.

I stood by her and held up her hand to my heart. She turned to smile at me, just weakly. "Hi Niall."

"Hey." I said, almost in a whisper. I kissed her fingertips and sat down by her. "How are you feeling?"

"Weak. Tired." She said.

I chuckled and she looked at me confusingly. I spoke, "I told you to stay home."

"But I can't stand to be away from you."

"It's only for half a day. Then we have Summer. We can spend everyday together."

"A day with four hours, Niall. I don't think I can handle that." She said and sat up. She leaned her head on my chest.

"You've done it before."

"But that we saw each other in between then."

"True I guess." I chuckled and kissed her forehead.

The doctor walked in and I turned to look at him, my eyes searching for a good answer. He spoke, "Well, I have good news." I smiled. "She just had a loss of energy." I nodded. "And I need to keep her overnight, just to make sure."

"Thank you, Doc." I said and shook his hand. He left and I turned back to Jade, "He says you're okay."

She smiled and said, "Yeah. I know."

"But you need rest now." I whispered and stroked her hair. I kissed her forehead and she smiled. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Niall." She said and laid back down. I pulled the blanket cover over her and smiled. I walked out the door and left.