Chapter 35

Niall's P.O.V.

I walked out of Calculus. Jade was standing by her locker, placing her books in it. Some dude came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. She turned around and entwined her fingers with his. My heart started to sink. That should be me holding her hand.

"Hey." A voice spoke. I jumped and turned around. It was Katie.

"Hey Katie." I murmured.

"Why the sad face?" She said then looked around. "Oh."

"Who is he?" I asked.

"That guy? I heard he's Jade's new boyfriend."

I turned to glance at them. Jade was giggling. And with that, my heart sank deeper. That should be me making her laugh.

She continued, "He doesn't even look as sexy as Mason! Mason's got the package: six pack, the Justin Bieber hair, the dazzling blue eyes. The way he winks just melts me inside."

I looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

She snapped out of her thoughts, "Sorry. But yeah. I feel so bad for you. I know you like her. And the fact that she doesn't like you back kills you, doesn't it?"

I nod. I continued to hear giggles from Jade. It only made me sadder. That should be me.

"Well, you're welcome to come hang out with us at the lunch table during lunch if you want." She said and smiled.

I smiled back but that soon faded when I glance over to Jade, who was snogging away with her new boyfriend... or at least that's what Katie said. That should be me feeling the kiss. I saw Jade pulled from the kiss and she was received a present. It was a bracelet, though not as pretty as the one I bought her... that she gave back. That should be me buying you gifts.

She smiled and hugged him, "Thanks babe." She kissed him again. This is so wrong. I can't go on. She turned and looked at me. I shook my head at her and left.

---

I decided to take a walk in the path where Jade and I used to go. Our little path in the woods to that open meadow. I thought about our times we spent together. All were great memories. We had so much fun. And she threw it all away when I told her I loved her. I shouldn't have told her. We would still been friends. This is all my fault. And I regret it.

My thoughts were interrupted by chatter. I recognized the voice. It was Jade. I ran to hide from her and listen as they walked by, but then I tripped. Ouch.

"Who's there?" She yelled.

Shit. I'm caught.

"Hello? Is anybody there?" She yelled again.

I looked at my wounds. I'm bleeding.

"Hello!!!!" She yelled, sounding much closer this time.

Shit. I crawled quietly to a bush and hid there, holding my breath. I peeked through the leaves and saw that Jade was close. She walked around, then stopped and looked directly at the bush. At me. I don't know if she saw me, but she stopped her gaze here. She might be suspicious. I have to stay quiet. She walked closer, almost peeking over the bush, but she didn't. She turned around and joined back with some dude.

"Maybe it's just your imagination, babe." The dude said. The dude was snogging her by her locker.

But what is she doing to me? She's taking him where we used to go. Now if she's trying to break my heart.... it's working... I hope she knows. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked around. The coast is clear. She's gone. I crept out of the bush and ran home.

---

I got into my house, ran upstairs and threw my bookbag on the floor. I went to the bathroom and took off my shirt, revealing my cuts. I took out the bottle of hydrogen peroxide and poured some on a cotton ball. I dabbed it over the cuts and watched as they bubbled. I then put band-aids on them. I walked back to my room and laid on my bed. I drifted off to sleep.

Jade's P.O.V.

I walked into the house with Tristen by my side. "Hey Mom." I said.

"Oh hey darling," she said. She put down her spatula and came to hug me then shook hands with Tristen. "So who's this?"

"This is my new boyfriend."

"Oh." She said with a pinch of disappointment in her voice.

"Is there something wrong with him?" I asked her.

"No. No. Not at all. It's just that... what about that Niall boy?" My mom asked. That question stung me. Really? She was going to bring back that topic? Can't she see that my boyfriend is standing right IN FRONT of her? Tristen's eyes widened and he looked at me shockingly.

I smiled and lied through my teeth, "I don't know what you're talking about, Mom."

"What do you mean you don't know what I'm talking about? That Niall boy you've been hanging out with these past few months!"

"No. Mom. I've been hanging out with Tristen." I gritted through my teeth, sounding more harsh this time.

She raised an eyebrow and said, "Really? You've been hanging out with Tristen these past few months?"

"Ok... So maybe not these path few months... It's more like... the past few weeks. But still, I like him!"

"Honey, you barely know him!"

"And now you're judging on my relationship?"

"Yes! Because you should really get to know a person before you start bringing them here!"

Tristen gave me a hurt look then said, "Jade. Ms. Taylor. Goodnight." He said as he headed towards the door.

"Goodnight dear! Drive safe!" She said.

"Night babe." I said and hugged him. He didn't really hug back. Instead he just stood there with hurt in his eyes. He then left and my mother and I were still standing in the kitchen.

"Honey, this is just so-"

"Mom. Stop. This is MY relationship. Not Yours."

"I'm worried about you-"

"Don't be." I said. I grabbed my stuff and walked to my room. I went in and slammed the door shut. Like are you serious right now? She is discussing about my relationship with Tristen? Who is she to judge: my mother? Wait... she is. Scratch that. But still! She's not the boss of me forever! I'm 18 now. I can date who I want! And now she just made Tristen leave! Ugh, I'm so mad right now!

I heard footsteps approaching my door. "Jade, darling." Oh it's my mom. What does she want now? "I'm sorry I judged you. I shouldn't have. From now on, I won't barge in your relationships."

"Anything else you want to say?" I said through the door.

"Yes. I saw Niall today. I saw him walking out from our backyard." My eyes widened at this news. So that's who I thought I heard. Wait... what was he doing here?