Chapter 6

Niall's P.O.V.

It is October now and it is even colder than it was last month. I hurried out of my car and to the entrance of the school building. Only 50 feet away and I'm freezing.

---

I walked into Calculus today and she didn't even seem to notice me. Maybe today is my lucky day! I sat down in my seat. Joe was staring hungrily at Jade again. Ugh. What a creep! I looked over to Jade. She was busy texting someone.

But THANK GOD. She wasn't making fun of me or bullying me in any way! 

The bell rung and I got up to leave. Then I suddenly heard, "Jade. Can you stay after class? I need to talk to you." Oh wait. That was Mrs. Snow. Wait... why does Jade need to stay after class?

I walked outside the classroom but stayed there to listen. Hopefully nobody sees me.

"Jade. You are currently failing my class." Wait... Jade's failing? Wow.

"I know, Mrs. Snow."

"And you're still failing. Why don't you try to bring it up?"

"I AM trying." No you're not. Texting in class shows it.

"I suggest you get some help. Someone that can study with you or something because if you continue on like this. I have no choice but to hold you back. You won't be able to graduate."

"But Mrs. Snow-"

"Get a tutor."

"Alright! I'll get a tutor."

"Good. You can go now."

I stopped listening and started walking until I was pulled from behind into the janitors' closet. There stood Jade. "Hey." She said.

My body, nervous and trembling, I spoke, "H-hi."

"I need your help."

"S-sure. An-anything."

"You don't need to act scared around me. And stop stuttering. I'm not gonna hurt you. I just need to know something."

"Ok."

"What do you make in Calculus?"

"Ermm... 98? Why?"

"I'm failing in that class. Can you tutor me? Since you make a good grade in there anyway."

"Sure."

"Good. Now I need to get out of here. I can't be seen with you." She said and started opening the door.

I pulled her arm back, ready to say something when Jade turned her head and glared at me. "Don't. Touch. Me."

I let go. "S-sorry."

"Ugh." She said and she started to open the door again.

"Wait!"

She turned around and gave me another glare. "WHAT!?!"

"My house at 3?"

Her voice softened as she spoke, "Yeah."

"Where do you live?"

"143 Sunset Boulevard." She said. I nodded and smiled. She didn't smile back, but instead just turned her head and walked out the door. I was left in the closet again. By myself.