Chapter 18

Niall's P.O.V.

I woke up next morning in the bathroom. Had I knocked out in here last night? I slowly sat up and saw dried up blood everywhere. Then I remembered. Oh yeah. Mason made me spew out blood last night. My tummy started aching like it did before. I groaned in pain as I stood up to wash my face. Then I cleaned up the blood and trudged downstairs and into the kitchen. There stood my ma... and Jade... in the kitchen... together.

Jade turned her head and looke at me, "Niall, what is up with you? You look like a mess!"

"I know. I just had a rough night last night."

"Oh. Well, please go change. I wanna hang out with you today... you know, if you don't mind." She said and smiled.

I smiled back. I walked back upstairs and thought to myself, she wants to hang out with me.

Jade's P.O.V.

He walked downstairs again, but in cleaner clothes and his face looks washed. God! His clothes look so hideous!

I turned to Niall's mom and said, "Mrs. Horan."

"Oh I'm not married, dear. My name is Ms. Gallagher."

"Well, Mrs. Gallagher, may I borrow a few hundred euros?"

"For whatever reason, dear?" Did she really have to make this more complicated?

"Have you seen his outfit?" I asked her. She nodded and gave me the money, smiling I smiled back and put it in my purse. "Thanks, Mrs. Hor- I mean Ms. Gallagher."

"No problem, dear! Treat him well and have fun!" She said.

"Yes, Ms. Gallagher." I said and pulled on Niall's arm. Within a minute, we were out of sight

---

"Where are we going?" He asks. I ignore him and concentrate on driving. "Where are we going?" He ask again. I didn't answer. He asks again, "Where are we-"

"Niall! For God's sake, shut the fuck up! I'm not going to tell you where we're gonig!" I shouted. He shut up and didn't say a word for awhile.

Niall's P.O.V.

Ouch. That stung.

Jade's P.O.V.

We finally reached the mall and I pulled into the parking lot. "We're here," I shouted.

"Why are we at the mall?" Niall asked as he got out of the car.

"Because we're going shopping. Duh!" I said.

Niall's P.O.V.

My eyes widened as I tried to get back into the car. I kept on yanking the door. It wouldn't bust open. It's too late. She had locked it.

She started dragging me away from the car, but I didn't want to go in there. Not where everything expensive takes the idea and puts it on television and brainwash people. No thanks. I just want to sit down and read some books.

"Relax, Niall!" She said. "We're going shopping for you, not for me."

"Why for me?" I asked.

"Because if you want to hang out with me, we need to dress cool."

"Ok. But just ONE OUTFIT."

"Fine." She said and continued making me try out my clothes.

---

She had made me try on more than twenty outfits before deciding on which five I should get. I swear I don't understand who little girls can play dress up. You change clothes TOO MANY TIMES!!!

Jade's P.O.V.

I took out two hundred out of four hundred euros Ms. Gallagher let me borrowed and paid for the clothes. I made him go to the restroomn and change into the new stuff.

He walked out in slimmed fit jeans, a red short-sleeved polo, and topped with a grey cardigan. His white high tops on his feet were the perfect bonus.

Now... I need to do something about those loser glasses.

---

Niall's P.O.V.

"Do you really think all this is necessary? I feel so fake." I asked.

She looked at me and nodded. Then she answered, "You don't look fake. You look better. And hotter."

Did she just call me hot?

Then she turned and paid the cashier. She pushed me to a mirror and said, "Put these on." In her hands was a box filled with contact lenses. The next thing you know, my vision was blurry for she had taken my glasses and put them away.

I put the box up to eye to find the lenses. I took one up and tried to put it on my eye, but instead, I poked myself. "Ow!" I then put the contact lens back into the box and covered my eye.

"Let me see it." She said.

I opened my eye and she looked into it. "Oh. Haha. Don't worry. You didn't scratch your cornea. Here, let me do it." She said.

I covered my eye in fear and shook my head.

"Niall, don't worry, I know how to do this. Trust me." She said. She then took one of her hand placed it on my shoulder. I suddenly felt her warmth. It was nice. I started smiling. "Niall! Stop smiling like an idiot and let me do this." She said, holding a lense on her fingertips.

She moved her finger towards my eye and I backed away in fear.

"Niall, let me do this." I shook my head again. "Come on!" She said and yanked on my arm. Damn she's strong. She shoved me and I felt my back hit a wall. She put her knee on my stomach forcefully to keep me still. Ouch. My tummy started aching again. The pain from last night was coming back. She released her grip and put her hand on my forehead, gently. Then with her fingertips, she opened my eyelid and popped the lense in. "Blink." She commanded.

I blinked a couple of times and the next thing I know, my vision in one of my eyes was clear again.

"Now stay still. I have one more." I stood there and she popped another one into my other eye. I blinked and the vision cleared. I could see again.

I looked into the mirror and checked myself out from head to toe. She chuckled, "Like what you see?"

I shouted, "I could see again! Thanks Jade!" I ran to her and picked her up and hugged her, spinning in circles. And the best part was, she didn't even stop me. It was like the best day of my life.

Then she whispered, "People are looking. You can put me down now." My eyes widened in realization and I put her down.

"Sorry," I said. "I-I was just excited. So how did you know how to put these on?"

"I'm wearing them myself." She said and I looked into her eyes. Hmm. I didn't know that. She giggled and her beautiful smile showed. We picked up the shopping bags and left that store.

We toured around the mall, stopping at stores and looking at stuff through the windows. We talked and laughed like any couple would do... except we weren't a couple. Just friends.

We were walking and talking until she stopped. I stopped with her and asked, "What's wrong?"

"It's Mason." She said. "Play along with me."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Hold my hand." She instructed. I grabbed ahold of her hand and I swear that I felt sparks fly. I just don't know if she felt the same thing.

Jade's P.O.V.

Whoa. That felt weird. His hand... it like... gave me a shock when he held it. It felt like a lightning striking a tree during a thunderstorm between the positive charges and the negative charges. But this... it felt like... it was stronger than that. And I don't know what it is.

I played along and leaned my head on Niall's shoulder as we walked past by him. I felt Mason's eyes on me, but I didn't care. No. Not really. I knew he saw us, and I knew he hated what he saw. He had to have hated this alright, and maybe... just maybe... he was a little jealous.