Prologue

2 years earlier

"Yes Matt, I'm here," I lock the door. "Ok, I miss you too. I'm in Tennessee at a small motel. I'm safe and fine."

"Ok, just-just be careful." I smile.

"You worry to much, how is everyone?"

"Good, me and Elena are over though," I smile harder.

Yes!!

"Oh.... I'm sorry little bro. That sucks," I silently cheer.

"It's ok, but I gotta go to the grill, I'm seeing Vicki."

"Ok. I love you Matt, both of you. Stay safe. Tell her I love her,"

"Will do, bye Rieka," he hangs up. I hear a movement.

"Hello, is somebody there," I grab scissors and readied them.  I swung but all I saw was red after he grabbed me. He ripped at my pants trying to get them down, ripping at my clothing to pull it all off. When he got my top off, joggers start to slide down. I took the scissors and rammed them into his carotid artery and he started to gust blood. I quickly cleaned off then left.

I was using a false name anyway.

As I was running to the car, my bones started to break, and crack apart. I tore out of my clothes and would call the only person that could get me out of this in the morning.

1 year earlier

"Ok, you got it Jules," I pipe in. I was with the same pack with Mason Lockwood a old friend from home.

He owed me one.

He and his pack helped me for a year then I moved from pack to pack for another 6 months till I got a phone call.

2 days  earlier

My phone rang with a number I hadn't heard in a few weeks

Caroline🧸✨

"Hello, my blue eyed bestie. What can I help you with," I ask as I'm in my friends tent.

"I need you hybrid help," my heart stopped.I told Care as soon as it happened a few years ago. She was supportive. And I was there for her after she became a vampire. Matt's oblivious.

"Cc,what's happening," I ask as she stayed silent. "You need me home right? Not that I don't completely trust you but, what is it?"

"We need your help.We're going to have a masquerade. I figured you could also tell them about yourself too."

"Ok, when do I need to be home?"

"ASAP, please! You know you could help me if you wanted, please," I sigh.

"Let me handle the business I'm in and I'll be there 2-3 days tops,"

"Thank you, RyRy," she hangs up. I pack my things and walk out.

"Hey Hayley, I gotta go. Family business. Will you guys be fine,"

"Hey, we'll be fine. Ry, your the alpha but you need a break too. I'll take over," I nod and take off to my car and full speed.

I go to a gas station and fill up the tank. I buy $40.00 worth of different snacks for on the move. I worked 3 jobs and went to school for 3 1/2 years, so I had some good money saved up. I was blasting 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams: Green Day'.

I drive for hours only stopping for the restroom or more food. I hit the 'Welcome to Mystic Falls' sign. I sigh.

I really hate it here. I only like Matt and Caroline. Tyler is my bestfriend. Jeremys alright I guess. But Elena I hate her with a burning passion.

-

When I hit the road to my home, I smile. Just reminiscing, old times. I pull in the drive way and walk up. I pull out a key. I walk in.

"Brother? Matty! Are you home," no response. "Ok then!" I grab all my bags and take them to my room. Then take a hot, long, relaxing shower. Home!