Seventeen

Rieka's POV

I learned a lot. Alaric is a psycho killer, some women named Sage has come to MF. Blah, blah. I just woke up after a, much needed, nap.

I've been working with Bekah to find the white oak. It's Wickery Bridge. She called me a bit ago needing help burning it all. I'm a pyromaniac, so I'm tossing wood into a pile.

"Let me," I say seeing her throwing gas over it. I flick my wrist and it erupts in a large flame just as a blue Camaro flies towards us. Tired squealing.

"Your grand plans always seem to get ruined, don't they," she taunts the vampire. "Sorry to disappoint you. Again."

We walk to my car and speed down the road to the mansion.

-

After being doing a locator spell, we found Finn and left to NYC. I was using my, much better than Nik's, nose to catch a scent. I point in Finn's direction and Nik jogs off. Seeing him catch up, Rebekah grabs me and speeds to an alley.

Finn appears infront of us. "Let's not make this any worse that it has to be, darling brother," Rebekah says.

"You're siding with him? Rebekah, he stored us in boxes," he expresses.

"Atleast he's not trying to make all of us extinct," I smirk at him. Nik appears behind Finn.

"What are you gonna do? Kill me," He asks.

"Oh, yeah. That's right, you got a death wish," I snark.

"Fine. Pathetic, but fine. The thing is, I'm not going to let you take the rest of us down with you."

I tilt my head, as Nik goes to vamp to him, Finn's neck breaking.  Nik slams into a wall, glaring at my giggles. He walks back and smirks at us, in a way I want to faint at.

-

I'm sitting in the front of the truck driving, Rebekah in back. My hand is on the console as I tap and fidget. I feel a warm hand glide by mine. When I look I see Nik smiling at me, his eyes flaming with admiration. I smile.

"Your unbelievably beautiful, you know?"

I laugh looking back at the road to hid my growing blush. "Thanks," I mentally scold myself at how dumb I sound. He just chuckles.

"Your so welcome," his hand intertwines our fingers between each other. I feel a trillion sparks fly up my arm and to my chest. I bite my lip. "Don't do that."

He tells demandingly, I was beyond confused. My eyebrows furrow. "Do what?"

"Bite your lip. Don't do it."

I feel heat warm my body everywhere at his demanding tone. I ignore it and keep driving. Our hand together the whole way.

-