Chapter 17: Why?

Armin's POV:

"It's not your fault.. Atleast now we know he really is Eren."

That sentence kept replaying in my mind the whole car ride to the police station. What did Mikasa mean by that? How was Eren 2 the real Ere-

Then it hit me.

Why would Eren react that way to Mikasa after she called him Ereh? Unless he knows about that nickname as well.. like if he was the REAL Eren!

I was deep in thought, and I'm pretty sure Mikasa was as well. The whole ride to the police station was silent until the officer driving told us we were almost there and we were in big trouble.

Once we reached the police station the car doors on my side and Mikasa's side were swung open with an officer on each side leading us into the police station.

They sat both of us down on metal chairs that were beside a metal desk with a computer on top and another officer opposite from us.

One of the officers who escorted us here went beside the officer on the opposite side of the desk and explained to him what we have done and the evidence against us.

The officer on the other side typed for a bit on his computer and then faced me and Mikasa.

"So, can you guys explain why you were following this man named Eren Jeager?" The man sitting by the desk sternly asked with a somewhat cold expression on his face.

"W-well, it's hard to explain.." I started trying to think what was going on in my mind when I told Mikasa we should follow him.

"Alright, well?" The man now annoyed asked again.

"If you don't explain you will be brought to one of the cells there" The officer behind Mikasa guarding the door said pointing to the cells in the back.

"I- I.." I stuttered not knowing how to explain my case. I looked over to Mikasa who still looked like she had mixed emotions.

"Well, then I guess you kids are going to jail." The officer behind the desk said.

Then the officer next to the man behind the desk and the one behind us escorted us to a temporary cell.

"Do you guys have your parents' numbers? We're going to tell them their children are stalkers." One of the officers asked putting us into the cell.

Mikasa pulled out her phone and dialed her current mom's number and gave it to the officer. I did that same thing after the officer was done talking to Mikasa's mom.

30 minutes later Mikasa's current parents rushed through the police station's doorway and a after a few minutes, so did my current parents.

The officer talked to them for a while now and Mikasa and I exchanged glaces when we overheard what they were talking about.

"Sorry, but we cannot allow you guys to bail them out." One of the officers said

"Why not?!" Mikasa's current mom asked

"Because they were arrested and caught by a wealthy man and he also has proof of them stalking him." The officer explained

They kept arguing for a bit until a man that looked like- ...

Eren 2 came here.. or should I call him just Eren now since we now know he's the real one.

Eren handed the officer a wad of cash.

"Bail them out" Eren said

"B-but-" The officer was cut off

"I said bail them out" Eren demanded handing him the wad of cash.

"U-uh.. alright.." The officer nervously replied walking over to our cell and opening the cell door.

"Y-your free to go." The officer stuttered.

Why did Eren bail us out? Didn't he just call the police to arrest us?

"Thank you, sir" My current father thanked shaking his hand as Mikasa's current father does as well.

Mikasa and I then walk out of the cell.

"Why?" Mikasa asked Eren, turning to him

"What do you mean?" Eren replied raising an eyebrow

"Why did you bail us out? Didn't you tell those officer's to arrest us in the first place?" Mikasa replied

"I guess it was just a misunderstanding." Eren answered winking.

"Well, I'm glad this was all a misunderstanding." My mom said, relieved.

"Thank you for taking the time to bail them out." Mikasa's dad thanked him.

"Oh, also here is some cash to compensate for this mess I have caused." Eren apologized giving Mikasa and I a wad of cash each.

"Uh it's ok but you don't have to" I said still confused as to why he bailed us out when he knew it wasn't a misunderstanding.

"It's fine, I insist. Anyways, goodbye then have nice day." Eren said turning around to head out the door

"Well, let's get going now then" Mikasa's mom said with a small smile.

I got onto the backseat of my dad's car and then we left the police station heading home.

I looked at the cash Eren gave me and saw a paper in between.

It read:

Let's meet up. Message me when you guys have found a time to do so.