Chapter 4: Together Once More

Mikasa's POV:

"Is it really you, Armin?" I asked feeling my tears fall down my face once more.

I wasn't even thinking of what I was saying when I said 'If you really are the Armin I knew in another life, you would already know..' it just came out of my mouth..

"Mikasa! It really is you!" He said embracing me tightly. I embraced him back after a few minutes we both backed away into our old spots.

"It really is you!" Armin exclaimed still crying (tears of joy, as you know)

"Are you guys with Eren Jeager?" The doctor questioned

"Yes, we are. How is he doing?" I replied wiping away my tears

"The patient is waking up and is in stable condition. Would you guys like to see him?" The doctor asked

"Yes, please" Armin answered

"Alright then, right this way please." Armin and I then followed the doctor into the room Eren was currently in.

"Ereh!" I ran to Eren and embraced him. Not too tight because I was afraid of hurting him. He hugged me back

"Eren! Are you okay?" Armin asked

"I'm alright" Eren replied

"If only I could still heal myself.." Eren mumbled.

My heart started pounding hearing those words slip out of his mouth

"Eren?... Are you really him?" I asked hoping that it really was him

"Mikasa.. it is you!" Eren said, shouting a bit.

And once more, I found myself tearing up. We were finally together again.. I can't be even happier.

Armin's POV:

"If only I could still heal myself" Eren mumbled

Wait.. what? Was that really Eren? Could it really be him? something's off about him though.. Why would eren just straight up say that?

What if the Mikasa next to him wasn't the Mikasa that he wrapped his scarf around? Why did he take that risk.. If the person next to him wasn't the person he thought she was she could've laughed at him or think he was crazy.. why did he take that chance? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Something is definitely off about him. I need to observe him before I believe it's him..

"Eren?... Are you really him?" Mikasa asked

"Mikasa.. It is you!" Eren shouted a bit.

"We're all finally back together again.. Just like in our past lives!" Mikasa exclaimed

"What do you mean? Is the Armin standing there really him?" Eren asked, looking at me.

"Hi.. Eren." I said, smiling.

"That's awesome! We're finally back together again!" Eren exclaimed

Something was definitely off.. But I just can't put together what. But for now, we were together. That's all that matters.

--

Mikasa, Eren, and I have grown even closer after Eren was discharged from the hospital.

Time skip to a few weeks after.

"Hey Mikasa!" Eren said pulling her into a hug

"Oh hey Eren" Mikasa replied.

Eren didn't really act like the Eren we knew anymore.. and considering the dream I had before being reborn, it said that everyone would have the same personalities from when they died.

Eren probably was like this before, but.. when he died he was much more mature and barely smiled at all, he also was very harsh considering when he said that he hated Mikasa ever since.

Mikasa is smart, she would've noticed by now.

Mikasa's POV:

Eren was never this clingy before.. He was very mature. Even as children he was never that clingy.

Could someone be pretending to be him? I'm not sure but I'll try to get to the bottom of this. If the Eren next to me right now was an imposter, I'll make sure to find the real Eren..

Time skip to next day

"Class we have a new student joining our school, and this is his first class today. We don't have much time for introductions right now so, everyone meet Eren, you can go take a seat now." The teacher said, pointing towards an empty seat.

Did she say.. Eren? But.. isn't Eren already here though? Do some people name their child after him?

This doesn't make any sense..

I don't want to think too much about it. His first name is Eren, or it could be a nickname. But we don't know his last name yet so there's still a chance he isn't him.

I need to tell Armin..