Chapter 25: I Will Protect You!

"Woah there.. take it easy"

---

Mikasa's POV:

I was walking towards the garden of the building to walk through it while going to the first building of which I have to go to for my evening classes.

As I walked outside into the garden I heard a gunshot.

Why would there be a gun shot? Is there a trespasser on school property? What if someone gets hurt?

Am I overthinking it?

I started running over to the area where I heard the gunshot. The person in my dream said that I still had my skills so i'm pretty sure I can take down the trespasser, if there is one.

Once I got there I saw Mark pointing a gun at another.. student? And Eren's here?!

I must protect him at all costs.

As I started running over I saw Eren trying to disable the use of the students arms.

I ran towards the scene and while I was doing that I saw the student pull out a knife. It looked like he was going to stab Eren with it, since Mark was too far away from his reach to stab.

I ran towards the scene and knocked the student on the ground.

"Mikasa!" Eren shouted, in shock, ofcourse.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked shouting a bit.

Mark bent down and put the gun to the students head.

"Take the knife away from his grip" Mark said putting his finger on the trigger.

Once I got the knife, Eren pulled me away.

"Why are you here? You need to go to your classes, and what if you got hurt?" Eren said, scolding me in a worried tone.

"I'm fine, see? You don't need to worry." I said reassuring Eren.

I looked over to Mark and the student and the student was.. laughing?

"So, John.. what brings you here?" Mark asked looking at the student.

I assume the student's name is John then. But why were they fighting... And why does Mark have a gun on school premises..

"What's going on here? Why were you guys fighting with him?" I asked Eren.

"He attacked me a while ago and Mark came over to prevent me from getting injuries." Eren replied looking at the student who was smiling maniacally even when he was about to get severely injured.

"Did you tell him you were here?" I asked, curious, still watching the every move of the student.

"No, he just came." Eren replied

I saw the student put his hands in his pocket which made me grip the knife tighter.

"Well? Answer me!" Mark shouted

"You guys are nosy.. wow" The student said still smiling.

"What's so funny?" Eren asked bending down beside the student.

Once I saw the student slowly take his hands out of his pocket, I ran over and injured his arms.

The student grunted of pain while Eren just looked at me, shocked.

"He was taking something out of his pocket." I said

Eren checked his pockets and found nothing.

Once we checked, the student's smile, turned into a frown.

"Wait.. where's my gun.." The student asked, confused.

"I think this is it." Mark said holding up the gun he had.

"You bastar-" The student was cut off by another gunshot.

When we looked behind us we saw a man who looked like a young adult.

He shot Mark's arm, the arm where he was holding the gun.

I stood up along with Eren.

I started running over to the man with the knife.

He tries to shoot me but he missed a few times.

"You're fast.. for a girl" The man said stepping back to reload.

I wasted no time and tried to hit the man with the knife.

He dodged it.. then he shot me through the chest.

I fell to the ground. I couldn't get up.. my chest would hurt too much.

He was faking it.. he had another gun.. he didn't actually try to reload.. he knew I would take the chance to stab him while he was vulnerable..

"MIKASA!" Eren shouted, running towards me and picking me up in his arms.

"Are you okay? Where did that bastard go!" Eren said holding me tighter.

I felt extremely weak and I don't think I would be able to talk but I still tried to.

I opened my mouth and nothing came out. I saw the man behind Eren getting ready to shoot.

I got off Eren and pushed him to block the shot.

"Mikasa!" Eren yelled seeing the bullet shoot me again. This time, on my right arm.

The man sighed and walked over to me.

"That's what you get for not minding your own business. Now, unfortunately you have to die." The man said aiming the gun for my head.

Eren threw a medium sized rock at the man and the man missed my head and instead shot my chest again.

I felt like I was going to faint.. my eyes wanted to close.. I wanted to protect Eren.. at all costs.. even if it meant me dying in the process..

I tried to get up but I immidiatley fell down again. I was serverely injured and I couldn't get up anymore.

I have to put all my hope on Mark and Eren then..

I saw Eren trying to hit the man shouting "WHAT DID YOU DO YOU BASTARD!"

I saw Mark get up holding the gun in his left hand, aiming for the man.

With that, I felt kind of relieved to know Mark would be there to protect Eren..

I heard a gunshot, followed by another, then another, and then the school alarm sounding because probably another student or a teacher noticed the gunshots.

The police arrived shortly after while I heard people shouting and panicking outside the building.

I glanced back at Eren and saw him get shot on the leg. I felt enraged.. I wanted to beat the man to his death but I couldn't.. even if I tried..

"I'm sorry.. Eren.." I said weakly.

The police came to us and put their guns up.

"EVERYONE PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" One of the officers said as I saw nurses and doctors run over to us and pick me up and put me on a stretcher.

While I was being taken away, Eren got shot again, while Mark was able to shoot the man's arm.

The man was injured, but so was Eren and Mark.

Everything went black.