Chapter 34: Lies

Mark's POV:

2 days has passed since that day I met the couple who I assume were my past parents in the hospital.

I had already been discharged from the hospital yesterday and well, I'm homeless.

I've been roaming around the city since yesterday.

I've been robbed of my money when I got kidnapped so I can't exactly check into a hotel.

So here I am, kind of exhausted, with a phone that has no battery, and a few quarters.

I was walking around until I found a store with a machine where you could pay to use the charger.

Well, that's convenient.

I walked into the store and went up to the machine. It had a sign of the instructions on how to use the machine.

I found the charger that fit my phone and I inserted a coin into the slot beside it.

The small glass door to the charger's place opened as soon as I inserted the quarter.

I charged my phone and closed the door to the small space.

I bought a small pack of mints as well since I didn't exactly have the best smelling breath in the world.

I chewed some of the mint candy while waiting for my phone to charge.

Around 5 minutes later, I was starting to get hungry.

I'm pretty sure there were street food vendors not to far from here but I don't think I have enough to buy any.

Well, I guess I'm going to starve.

I waited a few more minutes for my phone to charge until I took it out of the small compartment.

I turned my phone on and immidiatley reached for the paper that was in my pocket.

I took the paper out and dialed the number on the number pad.

The phone rang for a few seconds before someone picked up.

"Hello? Who is this?" The person on the other line asked.

"Hey, Is this Eren Jeager speaking?" I asked, sitting down on a bench.

"Yes it is. Who am I speaking to?" He asked again.

"It's me, Mark. The person you met at the hospital? You gave me your number so we could talk." I said.

"Oh, yeah. Let's meet up in person. How about.. AT Shopping Center.. at 3 pm?" He suggested.

"Sounds good. I'll meet you there then."

"Alright, see you."

I ended the call and put my phone into my pocket.

Luckily, AT Shopping Center was 2 blocks away from where I am now.

It was currently 2:40 pm so I had time to burn.

I walked towards the shopping center.

It was an open area with shops and restaurants surrounding it.

It was usually really crowded here but today only a normal amount of people are here.

I opened my phone and pressed on a game.

A text that said 'Error' popped on my screen when I tried to open one of my favorite games.

Right.. I forgot this game didn't exist yet in this time.

Well, guess I just have to wait until father comes.

Time Skip: 10 minutes later

It just became 2:51 pm and my stomach really hurt.