Chpt 28

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

Luna's pov

I gasped for air as I had woken up from my sleep. I covered my mouth suddenly, feeling nauseous after what i've just seen and quickly ran outside, throwing up. I was crying alot and I couldnt help but cry more once I had finish throwing up.

My body had been under a sweat this entire time aswell.

"Luna?" I turned around, seeing Reiner standing there by the broken doorway. It felt like forever since I've seen him.

"Reiner... how long was I out?" I asked, staring at him.

"It's been about a week.. Ive been taking care of you since then." He said, smiling gently. I looked away from his smile, feeling sad.

"Must've been a horrifying thing, seeing your mothers memories.." He mumbled but I shook my head, looking at him. "No actually... It was quite beautiful..sad too.. I wish mother had told me she was that sick..I couldve been there for her more and she really did love Aaron! He'll be so happy when I tell him!" I said excitedly.

"Aaron! I shouted, running passed Reiner, heading inside, smiling.

Reiner's pov

I watched as she ran inside of the house to find her brother who wasnt here. Her mood had changed so quickly. "Luna?" I said, going after her. She looked from room to room, smiling widely.

"Luna?" I called out to her but she completely ignored me. "Why isn't Aaron home..?" She asked as she stared into an empty room.

"Luna!" I shouted and she flinched, looking at me in fear.

"Im sorry.. I didnt mean to shout.." I said and she still stood still, staring at me.

ZeKe warned me that Luna might not make it back the same and now I feared that what he was trying to tell me was starting to show.

"Luna.. come to me.." I said softly to her. Realizing that her mind had went somewhere else for a split moment, she started to cry. I pulled her close to me, wrapping my arms around her gently, making her feel warm and safe.

She was trembling within my hold and I was worried for her now. How long will she have until she finally cracks? I hope that time never comes. I want to protect her forever.

"She's awake, just as I expected. The scouts are on their way, we need to get a move on." Zeke said.

"She's in no condition to fight! Let alone she knows nothing of our plans!" I shouted at him.

"She'll have to stay hidden then until she comes to her senses. Whatever you do, we cannot make her be captured." he said, walking away quickly.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"Reiner.." She whispered as I placed her down inside of a house. I looked at her, seeing her sad expression. "If im found by the others.. Please dont worry about me. I could take care of myself.." She said, avoiding eye contact.

I stared at her for a few seconds before pressing my lips to hers, kissing her gently. As she kissed back, I gripped onto her thigh but slowly released her as I pulled away. "If they get you, I'll find you and we'll be together again. I wont give up."

I kissed her again before getting up and walking away. I looked back at her once more before zipping off with my odm gear.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Luna's pov

The scouts had finally arrived and they really didnt waste anytime with patching up the holes in the walls, using Erens new titan abilities. Of course hearing all of the commotion outside I had to take a peek to see what they were up to.

I made sure to keep myself hidden from their sight, hiding out in one of the abandoned houses near the walls.

Things escalated really quickly when the scouts had discovered Reiner's position. After that, things had turned into hell instantly and I was worried the entire time becsuse scouts were everywhere so I couldn't watch what was going on. There were loud thuds outside, letting me know that titans were out there. Reiner and most likely Eren.

"Listen to me Luna, no matter what happens, don't come out of hiding. Dont transform and dont interfere ." I heard Reiners voice in the back of my head.

The commotion outside was loud as ever and I could hear Reiner and Eren fighting out there. I needed to get out of here and if I dont, I'll be squashed like a bug.

I stood up, quickly, hearing a crashing sound next to the house. I didnt have any equipment with me, so I'd have to leave on foot.

I quickly ran out of the house, looking to my right to see Reiner's titan over Erens.

Erens titan was looking right at me, my eyes widened as we made eye contact.

He had him pinned down onto the ground.

"What are you doing?! Get out of here!" I heard Reiners voice. "Luna..? We came back for you. Why are you still here with these guys?! How do i get her to come back with us?!" I heard Eren's voice.

As I watched the two wrestled it out in front of me, Eren managed to throw Reiner off of him, sending him meters away.

"Reiner.." I called out in a mumble. "Run away.. Just Run!" He shouted. I flinched slightly, hearing him shout in my mind. My body was frozen in place as Eren stood behind me in his titan form.

I watched as scout members zipped towards Reiner at a full amount of speed. What were they thinking?! His body was covered in armor, there was no way they'd be able to get to him.

I noticed that they were carry large spears in their hands which they soon attached to the eyes of his Titan, blowing it up, blinding him.

As I was about to run towards him, a large hand wrapped around my body tightly and I looked up to meet the face of Eren's titan. "release me! I have to save him!" I shouted.

I looked back over to Reiner, My eyes widened to see that they had attached the spears to the nape of his neck. Seeing what the spears were now capable of, I was mortified.

As the nape of his neck explosed, they werent don't yet. As I struggle to get out of their grip, I shouted to the scouts.

"Please dont kill him! PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!"

As the explosion of the spear went off again, my limbs went limp as I stared at Reiner, whose head was almost missing, only the lower half of his jaw remained and his body.

I could feel the tears streaming down my face as I just watched the man I cared about get blown to bits right in front of me.

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌