Chpt 13

An Understanding
▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

Reiner's PoV

Once we had managed to get to a safe place, I placed Armin down by a tree, watching him slowly get up. His entire head was covered in blood.

"I thought you died.. I.." I looked at Luna and my eyes widened to see the red lines on her face, neck and hands. "Luna, your skin.." I said.

She looked down at her hands, her expression told us she didn't know what it was. "W-what is this.." she mumbled.

It's like, she tried to transform into a titan, but couldn't which means this is her first time ever actually trying. She was a Titan shifter but how?! My eyes widened in realization. No... why her?!

"Armin, you're hurt.." she ran over to Armin, telling him to sit back down so she could tend to his injuries. Jean on the other hand stood there with a horrid expression on his face. "Luna.. you're a titan?" Jean asked and I could see her body tense.

"I.. I don't know.. I don't have any..memories.. of how..it's impossible.." Her voice was shaky and I couldn't help but feel bad about this situation. As she tied a bandage around armin's head, her hands shook violently as she did.

"Calm down-" as I grabbed her wrist, but I immediately pulled back, feeling the burning sensation. "No way.." I mumbled. Once the lines on her body disappeared I finally was able to touch her.

"Please.. don't tell the commander or anyone else! I don't want to become a test subject.. I don't want to be looked badly upon.." as she cried her eyes out, the 3 of us looked at one another.

"We have to." Armin said. "You heard what she said-"

"If we keep this a secret from the others, They will look at us as the enemy! If what she said is true that she doesn't know what's going on with her body then she's probably in the same boat as Eren! Even better yet, we'd have two titans fighting on our side!" Armin said.

"This isn't happening.. this can't be happening." Jean said as he walked over to a tree.

I walked over to Jean, grabbing his shoulder slightly. "I know you care for her as much as I do. We're the first 3 to see what she is. She's our responsibility now." I said, glaring at him.

He was frozen for a minute but soon came to his senses.

Even though he didn't say anything, his silence was enough.

"No matter what, Luna, we've got your back. We'll protect you." I said to her, wiping away her tears.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Luna's PoV

"We're down two horses.. not an ideal situation. We can't keep moving until jean's ride shows." Reiner says as we sat together under a tree for shade. "I can always ride with you and Armin can ride with Jean.." I suggested.

I looked at Armin, seeing that he was deep in thought about something. He seemed on edge not to mention he knows I'm a titan then there's the female titan. He's got a lot on through his mind right now.

"You see it too.." I said, in a low depressing voice. I knew what he was thinking about and it pained me enough to know, but I hope what I'm thinking is wrong and that she's not involved in this.

"Anyways, one of us is going to have to stay here. I'm guessing it won't be Luna because if she is in fact a titan, she's unaware of how to use her ability so she's out of the question.

"Wait, shouldn't we atleast fire off a smoke signal first? If everyone kept going straight, row 4 squad 3 ought to be in close proximity to us by now." Armin said.

"I hope you're right." Jean said, grabbing his smoke gun and shooting a purple flare into the sky.

"Now we wait.." I mumbled.

"We'll stay for 3 minutes and if no one shows, we'll have to figure out who stays."

"It has to be me." Armin said. "But if I'm going to be left out here in the open, I need you to relay a message. If possible, only to commander Erwin." He said.

"Hang on Armin, looks like you'll be able to tell him. There's two horses coming, woah.. that's.."

I looked over to see Krysta headed our way with two horses and no riders. That's amazing! We can finally get out of here.

Once she stopped by us, Armin and Jean took a horse for themselves. I looked at Reiner, who's eyes were on me the entire time.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

For the time we were riding, we came to a stop, hearing a loud explosion coming from the forest. "What's going on..?" I asked as we all looked in that direction unaware of what's really happening.

"We shouldn't stop here, let's keep moving." Armin said and we went on.

Few moments later, we were stopped by one of the soldiers to halt our horses. We were told to get onto the trees and stay up there for the time being and keep titans from coming into the forest aswell.

I looked over at Reiner and the others and their eyes were all on me. Were they afraid? Of me?

I would be, seeing that I held such a power and unaware of how to use it. Reiner suddenly placed his hand on my shoulder, smiling down at me.

We then soon after made our way to the branches of the large trees on the outer part of the forest where we stayed for quite some time.

While most of us listened to Jean rant about what could really be happening in the forest, I sat quietly on a branch, staring at my hands slightly. I was still a bit shaken up from what happened and I couldn't get it out of my head. If I do tell the Commander about this, will everything be ok? Will I end up like Eren? I most likely would.. they'd keep my locked up, or torture me. I-

"You'll be okay. I promise you." Reiner said, slipping his hand into mines slightly. I looked up at him, holding back my tears and nodding slightly.

"5 meter titan approaching!" One of the soldiers shouted.

I sigh escaped my lips as I stood up, Reiner helping me to stand.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇