Chpt 29

Blinded by Love

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌

Jean's PoV

Once we had blown Reiner out of his titan slightly, we stared at his body in shocked as his entire head was somewhat blown off. "You were a pain in the ass for us, serves you right scumbag!" I said, laughing nervously.

I looked over to my left to see Sasha and Connie both crying. I grabbed both of them by the collar, pulling them to me. "What the hell are you crying for?! We still have work to do!" I shouted.

"Reiner!!" My body tense, hearing her scream his name. I dropped the two, looking over to Luna, who was still in Eren's titan grip. Her hair was floating off her shoulders and her eyes had turned completely white.

If we didn't know better, we'd say she was possessed.  She was about to transform if anything and it wouldn't be good for our plans. I quickly zipped towards Luna, reaching towards her, resting my hands on her shoulders, ignoring the burning sensation of her body.

"LUNA! DONT TRANSFORM!" I shouted.

"get away from her!" Hange shouted, but I ignored her. "Luna, listen to me! If you transform here right now, you'll kill all of us and that's not what you want! Right?!" I finally took my hands off, unable to bare the painful feeling any longer.

My palms were slightly blistered, but I didn't care.

"You.. killed him..Reiner.. he's gone.. Why?!" She shouted.

Come on Jean think! Think God dammit!

"Luna, i'm sorry but there was no other way! I couldn't watch you throw yourself away because of him!" I said, staring into her eyes. Her hair slowly fell back down onto her shoulders and her eyes turned back to the violet color they were.

"He was the only one.. Who showed me love..who cared! Who was willing to give me my freedom!" She said, glaring right at me.

"That's not true! Look around you! Everyone here came to get you because we care! We all care about you Luna! When times were tough you'd always be there to make everyone laugh, god dammit! And you were always there for us and we want to be there for you! Forget what Reiner and Berthodlt said to you! They're just using you because you're a titan! They want more power on their side! I can't sit back and watch the girl I love destroy herself..."

Her eyes widened as she stared directly into my eyes, searching them. I wanted to hug her then and there. Kiss her even, but was it the right move?!

"You.. Love me?" She said, tilting her head to the side as her eyes softened. "Yes, I do! I would do anything just to have you by my side, safe!" I said.

"Then understand why I must do this.. For Reiner.." She said, her eyes glowing suddenly.  I quickly grabbed her face, pressing my lips against hers gently with my eyes closed.

It felt like I was suddenly shocked on the lips by her but I ignored the felling, pulling away and staring into her eyes. "W-Why would you do that?!" She asked ready to punch me.

Before I could answer, a loud screech was heard, coming from Reiner's Titan. Shit, the bastard is still alive!?

"H-he's alive.." She mumbled.

Luna's pov

He's alive! I felt the weight lift off of my shoulder, hearing his screech but he soon felt silent once again.

As I was trying to get out of Eren's grip, my brother landed on his wrist, looking at me. I looked up at Aaron, remembering what mother had said.

"Aaron! You wont believe It! I saw mothers memories!" I started and he stared down at me blankly with no emotion. "Aaron?" I called out.

We started to move and so did everyone in the scouts, running away from Reiner. "Why are we leaving?!" I looked back at Reiner, seeing his Titans arm reached out towards us.

"Eren please release me! I have to go back!" I screamed.

"Its too dangerous. You'll get caught in the blast. He's done for." Aaron shouted.

I looked at Eren. "Release me this instant!" I slammed my fist into his thumb and he immediately released me. I fell onto the ground, winching slightly.

"What the heck Eren?!" Jean screamed.

I quickly got up, running back towards Reiner quickly. "Reiner!" I shouted as I ran towards him. The scouts wouldn't dare to turn back for me.

When I noticed Berthodlt on his shoulder, I sighed in relief. "Is he ok?!" I asked and he nodded, letting me know that Reiner was okay.

As Reiner made his titan lay on its back to protect his human body, I stood on his chest, looking at Berthodlt.

"You need to take cover as well." Berthodlt said. I grabbed his arm as he was about to leave.

"Berthodlt.. thank you.. for being the friend Reiner needed.." I pulled him closer, placing a kiss on his cheek.

''Take care of Reiner, He needs someone like you.'' He said in a soft but sad tone. I looked up at him, nodding slightly. ''I will! and when we're all together again and have Annie back, there's a lot of talking we need to do.''

He turned completely red before zipping away from us.

"Reiner hang in there.." I said, walking over to his Titan face. ''I promise, we'll get out of here together. All of us.."

I walked back up to his chest as he placed his hand over me to protect me from Berthodlt's blast.

Before I knew it, a loud explosion went off and bright light shone through the slight openings of Reiner's fingers. I covered my ears from the loud noise coming from the blast.

Once it became quiet, I could hear the sounds of fire crackling outside and debris flying everywhere.

I knew berthodlt was out there destroying everything he could. It ached my heart hearing everything that was going on outside but I chose this life and now I have to live with it..

I'm such an idiot..

I cried quietly to myself, sitting there under Reiner's palm.

"I'm truely sorry.." I heard Reiner's whisper.

▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▌