41

The ride in his truck from one house to another. A small red home that sat on the edge of the small community of La Push. Willow sighs as she realizes that Sam had brought her to the former hide-out house she stayed in her time living in the community.

Exiting the truck, Sam remains inside as he watches the young girl venture towards the small house, displaying nervousness as she knocks on the white door. Moments later there is a mutter from inside of the home as Billy Black wheels himself to answer the door. He wasn't the one to have visitors these days.

There is an evident smile on his face as he recognizes the girl standing on his doorstep. "Willow! Welcome back!" He cheers proudly, he had missed the presence of the happy girl he watched grow.

Willow gives a weak smile herself. "Hey, Billy." Her voice is quiet.

Sensing that something was troubling the girl, Billy invites her into his home and wheels himself to the wooden table that sat in the small dining room. Willow takes a seat opposite the aging man. "Have you heard from Jacob in any of your travels?" Billy asks hopeful that his son was safe.

"He's been staying with us for the past half a year." Willow answers. "He's doing well."

Billy's smile returns to his face. "Now how are you?" He asks the girl before offering her a busicut.

Willow happily takes the offer. "I killed Bella." She answers, her emotions switched off, she didn't want to keep feeling the pain and guilt within. 

There is a large moment of silence as Billy takes in that information. "I'm sorry, I know that she was close to your family." Willow looks at the wooden floor below her sneakers that still contained the dirt from the scene where she had murdered her mother.

"Willow, it is a difficult subject when it comes to your mother. After she became a vampire there was no reason to still protect her, it goes against the treaty." He explains to the girl. "Although I never did understand why she refused to be a decent mother to a wonderful child, like yourself."

He knew there had to be a reason why Bella was killed. "She was going to kill me, so it was self-defense," Willow assures the man.

There is a brief moment of laughter escape Billy's mouth. "My dear, you're not on trial here. You don't need to explain yourself, she has always been a difficult one when she didn't get what she wanted." He takes a deep breath. "Although I know you well enough that you'd never hurt someone unless you were in serious trouble."

The pair spend much of the afternoon catching up on each other's lives. Billy spent his retirement fishing and dealing with the affairs that came with being a tribal leader. Although he did manage to travel around the country to set his mind free from the thoughts of his son. He was visited regularly by his daughters and grandchildren every holiday.

Once the sun had set, Willow farewells the man before trudging towards the ocean. She always had a sense of calm every time she would visit the coastline. It was a pastime she wasn't able to do often at her new home as there was a fair distance to the nearest beach.

Walking across the black sand, she listens to the waves crash upon the shore. She smiles as she recalls many memories of being brought here with her family or the wolves when they had spare time to spend just being young and careless. When Bella Swan wasn't the reason for werewolves to exist. 

She keeps he hands within her pockets as she feels raindrops fall upon her. She ignores the chill as she sits upon a fallen log watching the storm unfold around her. "I almost didn't want to believe you were back." The cocky voice interrupts the silence of nature, as Willow looks in the direction of a werewolf member.

The voice belonged to Embry Call, which still looked exactly the same as the day she had left La Push just three years ago. Although he remained frozen as a 17-year-old boy since the day he transformed into a werewolf all those years ago. "Isn't that haircut a bit outdated?" Willow asks the werewolf as he runs a hand through his long hair that was spread across his forehead to keep it out of his face.

"I've been putting off getting a haircut." He reasons before taking a seat next to the hybrid. There was a small ounce of history between the pair, something she had kept from her family. The werewolf sitting next to her was responsible for stealing her first kiss. A favor she asked since she had been stuck on the reservation for such a long time, she wanted a brief moment of being a teenager.

"You haven't had a haircut either," Embry mentions as Willow looks at the ends of her own curly hair, it now fell to her lower back. She hadn't got a haircut for four years now since her last haircut saw it fall just below her shoulders.

"I guess I forgot to ask Sue," Willow mentions shrugging her shoulder. "Vampires still a problem in Forks?"

Embry nods his head. "I'm one of the last left around here, many of the pack have moved on with their lives. Although Sam is still Alpha, I'm just in charge of giving orders for the newbies." He says flashing his teeth against the dimly lit night.

"Did you at least find your imprint?" Willow asks, hopeful that other people were able to find their soulmate.

"Never had a chance to go looking." He says, smiling down at the shorter girl. She had inherited her average height from her mother. "I still can't get used to how similar you look to Bella, but so different at the same time."

Willow lets out a yelp of laughter. "Renesmee looks more like her. I think my genetics are more from my father's side." Willow suggests. "But speaking of Bella-"

Embry cuts the girl off. "I know, good riddance I say. She is the reason why many of us didn't have a choice without fate. I could be over 30 now with a family and a wife living elsewhere if it wasn't for her and her love for the Cullens." He says. "She came back a few years ago, just after you guys left, and actually decided to start a fight."

He remembers the day he lost his brother, Paul. Although he was mostly known for his anger, he was an innocent guy just doing his job to protect their land, but because a rouge vampire was looking for her family to tie up loose ends, she had pissed him off again. Although Bella had the upper hand and killed Paul while he was distracted. "Paul's kids would probably thank you."

Willow looks shocked at that statement. She forgot time existed and people aged. 

Embry gets up to his feet. "Want to take a walk with me?" He asks the girl, offering his hand.

Willow smiles to herself before accepting the gesture and taking her hand within his own warm one. He presses his hand tightly around hers as they venture into the forests that stood on the edge of the beach, following a trail she had taken a few times in her childhood.