47

Edward Cullen paces against the border of the La Push reservation. Waiting for the encounter with the wolves, the people he once called allies, even friends at a fleeting moment. Now they were considered vermin, in the way of his true target.

He knew she was one the lands, he could smell her scent from miles away. The wolves were protecting her, it almost reminded him of the days that Bella would be protected by the creatures. Although the two young girls were much different from each other. From the harsh upbringing, Willow was tough, whereas Bella was weak.

Expecting a wolf to walk from the treeline, Edward is surprised to see Embry Call stand there. In his human form, he hadn't aged from the last day he had left Forks almost two decades ago. "You don't belong here, the treaty is void now." Embry reminds the vampire, emotionless.

Edward gives a bitter smile, reading the thoughts that flash across the werewolf mind. Embry tried hard to protect certain thoughts, he knew it could bring Willow closer to danger. "You seem to care for the girl." Edward comments, his eyes black with rage.

A vision of the Embry kissing the hybrid enters his mind. This makes Edward smirk, just as he predicted, there would be one dog that would fall for the charm of a Swan. They're invited in with a magnet and it is hard to escape. "Shit." Embry bellows before transforming into the grey wolf Edward remembered clearly. 

"You make my job very easy Embry," Edward calls before grabbing Embry by the scruff of his neck. He tugs at the thick fur as Embry gets out a yelp of pain from the strong vampire. "She will come looking for you, no matter how much Sam will be against it."

Sam was still stuck with the idea of Willow appearing as the young infant stuck in the truck the day that Bella wanted to end her life, throwing herself off the cliff face, because she couldn't live without Edward. Now it was role reversed, and Edward was left with the shell that Bella had left behind upon her final breath on this earth.

"Edward!" The strong voice of Willow calls from the distance. The truth is Sam would never let Willow wander the lands after dark, although she and Embry had ventured out of the village for some privacy. "You have the wrong person." She challenges.

Edward lets out a mocking laugh before pushing Embry into the small creek below that separated the border. From the force of the fall, Embry knew he had broken bones, he whimpered with the pain that the vampire had already caused him.

"You do remind me of Bella in some ways." Edward comments. 

Willow keeps no emotion on her face, as Edward takes a step closer to her. "You even have the same confidence your father displayed on the day I encountered him." There is a sinister smirk on her stepfather's face.

"Unlike both my parents, I wasn't fallen under the trap of some sort of fucked up supernatural war, just to spread some bloodshed for one weak human, who you fell in love with." Willow reminds the old vampire, who grits his teeth.

Her thoughts weren't available to him, just like Bella's. They were protected, he still didn't know the reason for that. "You know in a perfect world, you'd be arrested for being a pedophile for having a relationship with a minor." Willow has a satisfied smirk on her face, Edward flitches with the words thrown at him.

"None of this small talk matters," Edward comments as his family members appear from behind him.

"You must be weak if you're always needing your family to pick up the pieces." Willow challenges, as Edward just glares at the girl.

With a wave of his hand, Alice jumps down from the top of a tree above Willow and tackles her to the ground. From the force of the fall, she had felt a tear on her arm as she hits the rock below her. 

Caught off guard, Alice and Jasper are able to lock the limbs of Willow was Alice pulls her hair to look up at Edward. He slowly appears in front of the young hybrid, he stands there contemplating his next mood.

"Go on, murder me. End the Swan line and the sick fantasy I call a life." Willow bitterly says, spitting towards the Cullen family, causing Jasper to pull at her arm tighter, making the girl yelp in pain.

There is almost a kind smile on Edward's face. This game is much easier than he thought it would ever be. "Why would I take your life now, when I drag out the days with torture?" Edward asks the sadistic smile back on his pale face. "I will make you beg for mercy, beg for your life to end."

"Charlie will come for me." Willow reminds the Cullen family.

"A loose end that can easily be avoided if we're not even in the same land. Your family really did a number on my former home." Edward recalls the destroyed site where his family home once sat, now nature was claiming back the former home and all traces had vanished. 

With the threat that her family would be hurt, there is fear in Willow's face. A glance that Edward takes as a successful sign as he touches Willow's smooth face that was covered with dirt and blood from a wound her head. "The same look your father gave before I ripped his head off." He comments.

Since there was close proximity between Willow and Edward, she spits as much fluid she could contain in her mouth and directed it at Edward. A childish act, but catches him off guard. He retaliates with a slap to her cheek. "You shouldn't have done that sweetie." He warns the hybrid. "I'm going to break you down in any and every way I can, I will drain the very blood from your veins and I will enjoy every moment of it."

The thought of that pleased Edward. "It might even rid of the wrong DNA in your veins and make you pure and weak again." He challenges.