44

Peace.

That was something Forks Washington had enjoyed since the absence of Bella Swan, who brought along with her the supernatural. They clung to her as she fell into the pits of the underworld as Bella fell in love with a vampire.

This was the location that Willow found her own peace, she even found closure in accepting the past. She was a burden brought on by a mistake by her parents, however, instead of dwelling in the past, she would rather focus on her own future. Finding where she fit into society, not just the drunken mistake of Bella.

As for the Swan clan, they avoided the presence of the Cullen family that lingered nearby. Keeping an eye on their own, Renesmee. While she enjoyed her own peace with the family she thought had long perished due to time.

Holding the hand of her partner Jacob, she sits across the table from Charlie. He was still accepting the loss of his granddaughter Willow who disappeared just months before. She had vanished without a trace.

He no longer mourned the loss of Bella. Her image had been replaced with the monster that presented herself to her father just moments before her death. Although Edward had fallen into his own depression at the loss of his wife. She had been his soulmate and he was lost without both wife and daughter by his side.

"It's been months, she hasn't even tried to contact us. Maybe we need to accept that maybe she ran into trouble." Jacob announces through the silence that filled the room.

The red eyes of Charlie Swan are filled with dread at those words, they weren't the words he needed to hear right now. "Jake..." 

"I know Charlie," Jacob responds in a small voice.

"She's tough, I mean she did murder a pretty powerful vampire." Seth chimes into the conversation, getting in from his patrol. Jane following suit. "There is nothing I don't think Willow can't handle."

Charlie breathes a sigh of relief. 

The phone rings in the distance and Sue picks up the call. Greeting the caller with a kind voice. "I almost forgot what your voice sounded like Sue." The familiar voice of Billy Black calls from the other line.

There is a wide smile on her face. "Hello stranger, it's nice to hear from you in so long, how are you doing?" She asked her former friend.

There is a chuckle from Billy. "Well age is a side effect of life, don't feel as young as I used to." He jokes. "Willow is here, she's safe. I just wanted to call by and say she has been here for a while."

Sue breathes a sigh of relief herself. She had been worried sick about the young girl she had helped raise. "Why didn't you call earlier?" She asks the man.

"She needed time to grieve for her own actions." He mentions the death of Bella Cullen. "She has suffered greatly due to these actions and she needed to accept them before she could face any of her family. She was worried you would hate her."

There is a look of sadness. "I think you should come to visit, see how's she's doing. She's fitting in nicely and making a small life for herself." He mentions. "I would love to see you all."

Sue agrees to the encounter, Billy had to cut the conversation short due to him calling from an international line. He knew the bill was going to be much higher each second that passed. Sue places the phone down on the wooden counter, a bright smile fills her face. "She's home." She mentions, earning a confused look from Charlie.

"What do you mean?" He asks his wife.

"She made it back to the reservation, Billy just called." She explains the short conversation the old friends had. "She's safe and has even settled into life back in Washington, he wants us to visit."

Renesmee looks over at the following conversation. "According to the treaty, no vampires are allowed on the grounds of La Push." She tries to reason, she did want to see her sister again and tell her that she forgave her, although she remembered the laws her family had told her if she was to venture back to her birth ground.

"Billy is a part of the council, he is able to give just permission to visit," Charlie explains. "We need to get there as soon as we can."

His grief had turned to excitement. It had been a few years since he had left home, he would enjoy venturing on familiar territory. 

Although unknown to the Swan clan, a figure standing outside in the darkness was listening to the racing thoughts of the supernatural inside. Edward Cullen stood frozen watching through the window, gazing upon the excitement in the room, Willow Swan had been located.

There is no emotion displayed on his face, although inside he is filled with fury. The child got away with no punishment. The Swan family was able to forgive the girl for the murder of his wife! That enraged the older vampire.

Stepping back from the treeline, he ventures deeper into the forest. There he is met with his sister Alice. "They found her didn't they?" She asks, looking through his mind able to predict when the conversation happens.

"She's in Forks, being protected by those dogs." He replies simply, anger is laced in his words. "We have to get there before the Swan's do."

He begins the trek to the hideout where his family had been staying. "Edward!" His sister calls. "She's just a child!"

Frozen in motion, he turns to look back at his sister. "She's a murderer, of my wife. You should know what happens to those struck with grief, you need to get the vision of that girl as a child out of your head!" He reminds his sister. "She is a murderer and I am going to avenge my wife."