43

Time spent in La Push, Willow has begun to slowly distance herself from the guilt that ate away inside. She was surrounded by familiar and new faces, as she took the time to explore the lands or spent time enjoying the company of Emily and her newborn son.

She had the company of Embry to fill in lost time when he wasn't patrolling the borders due to threats that may emerge since the arrival of Willow. Vampires always brought themselves to Washington looking for the Cullen family that left years behind.

Although it had been many years, Willow even ventured to visit the surviving relatives she had on her father's side. Due to Sam's connections with the local police department, he was able to gather the contact information for her grandmother that still lived on the edge of town.

She had aged with sorrow, due to the loss of her son. He had never been found, even traces of his body had vanished. Willow spent an afternoon visiting the frail woman that had been left alone since the death of her husband six years prior.

Knocking on the door, Mrs. Biers is confused as her usual visitors had already been for the week. Confused she opens the door to reveal a teenage girl. She held her mother's genes, but her father's genes also stood present in her features.

Giving a small smile, Willow crosses her arms across her chest. "Hi, I'm...um your granddaughter-" Willow is cut off with a smile from her grandmother who gently pulls the girl in for a hug.

"Oh, my dear Willow!" She glees with happiness. "I worried I had lost you too!"

Invited into the house her grandmother offers to make them both tea, she instructs Willow to make herself comfortable. Willow smiles before setting her denim jacket over the back of a chair and looks at the photographs plastered onto the wall. Many contained family pictures of her younger years she would spend in the house she stood in.

She notices a graduation picture of her father sitting on top of a chest that sat against the living room wall. She picks it up to see the kind smile on his face, lighting up his hazel eyes.

Walking back into the living room with two mugs, Mrs. Biers smiles at the sight of her granddaughter looking at old memories. "Despite having you in his life, he still managed to graduate high school with good grades." She mentions before handing a mug to Willow, who takes it gratefully.

The woman sit opposite each other on the couches in the living room. "There is so much I want to know about you! I haven't seen you since you were young." Willow looks down sadly. "You must be in college now."

Willow goes on to explain she was still in the care of Charlie Swan, who made the big move to New Zealand, and how she hasn't decided what she wanted to do with her college education yet. Although she had the lie why she was back in Forks, saying she was traveling before allying for local university's back home. 

"Well dear, I do hope you go on to do something successful with your life. You were always such a bright and happy child." Mrs. Biers goes on to remember many memories she had of Willow running around as a toddler. "I know your father would've wanted you to further your education since that is what he worked so hard for, he wanted to give you the best upbringing he could."

The statement makes Willow smile, she could only recall the memories that Charlie had told her or the brief look into the memories that Renesmee was able to show her. Although the close interactions with her father had always been untold since no one but the Biers family witnessed in their home.

"I wish I remembered him." Willow mentions her grandmother.

"You were the only one he adored in this world, I had never seen him so happy despite the circumstances. We all love you and spent our time making sure you were cared for." Mrs. Biers says kindly. "I just can't believe you're all grown up now."

"Charlie says the same thing," Willow says.

There was one thing that Willow did want to ask her grandmother and that was a copy of her birth certificate. So she was able to renew her passport to return home eventually or venture more into the world when she had a plan.

Mrs. Biers happily grabs a file of documents for Willow to take, Charlie had sadly lost the documents in their move from America. The folder even contained baby photos of a father and daughter the first few months of her life. "There is also one thing I think you should have as well." She mentions before handing the girl an envelope.

Curious, Willow opens it to see bank account details that contained her information. "Your father set up this account so you would be able to use it for college or other expenses, we put in money as well over the years, hoping you would eventually return to Forks and want something to towards the heavy costs of tuition. It's not a fortune but it would set you up for the first year at least." They had put lots of money towards private investigators to find the body of Riley all those years and went into heavy debt. However, they never touched the college fund for their granddaughter.

Willow thanks her grandmother, she had never intended for there to be anything good left for her in this current world. She had murdered her mother and yet the people she was surrounding herself with are showing kindness. 

"So do tell me, are there any special guys in your life?" She asks going back to sipping her tea.

Willow's cheeks flush red. "I have a very good friend called Embry." Willow answers. "I suppose he could be that special person in my life that is making things easier."

"And how's your mother? No one has heard from her since she got married to that Cullen boy." Mrs. Biers asks while Willow drops her head in shame. "Oh dear, still not a good relationship between you two then?"

"Something like that." Willow answers in a small voice.