10

While the Cullen's had only got the first warning signs that there was an uprising of newborn vampires in the nearby city, Riley Biers was sent on a mission by his new boss. His memories of his human life had been wiped to accommodate the leadership role he had in Victoria's plan.

He slides through the open window that had been left by Bella Swan, usually the open invitation for Edward Cullen to venture through. Riley shifts around the bedroom, his instructions were to bring back objects with Bella's scent on them.

After grabbing a jacket and other items of clothing he found, he stalks through to the hallway to see an open bedroom with a crib inside. He opens the door more to see Willow sleeping soundly holding the bear her father had given to her, Riley can smell her inviting blood from the small distance but something captures his attention more.

He sees a frame the distance of himself holding a younger Willow in a framed picture. He sees that his newfound red eyes had replaced his old hazel eyes. He looks back at the child, rummaging through his mind to find a fragment of the child in front of him before she stirs in her sleep. 

He looks back at other photos displayed on the shelves and they featured a family photo of his parents and the child, he remembered his loving parents but not much else from his former existence. He grabs a smaller photo that was yet to be framed from the dresser only to see that Willow had opened her eyes and was looking at the stranger through the wooden crib she owned. "Daddy?" She whispers, only for Riley to simply give a smirk before holding his pale finger to his lips.

Stashing the photo away he makes an exit from the room before disappearing from the Swan residence. 

Bella's graduation day comes along without a hit. Charlie sits in the crowd, with his granddaughter in a new dress that was gifted from the Cullen family. He cheers when his daughter is up on stage getting her diploma. The party follows and Alice sees a vision.

Bella's missing items of clothing are passed around a group of newborn vampires, she even sees a glimpse of a photo of Willow before it changes to the group heading towards Forks to attack Bella.

Werewolves and vampires join forces for the fight the was to occur four days times.

Preparations are made and Bella camps with Edward for the night on top of a mountain, Jacob keeps her warm with his body heat while there is a snowstorm during the night. Seth Clearwater takes over after awkward exchanges are given by the trio and Jacob heads off to the fight. 

Shortly after the fight begins Edward pulls Bella behind him for protection, Victoria was near. However, Riley is the first to walk into the makeshift camp Edward had set up. Bella hides more after seeing the bright red eyes on his pale face. "Riley listen to me, Victoria is just using you to distract me." 

"Don't listen, Riley, I told you about their mind tricks," Victoria warns.

"I can read her mind, so I know what she thinks of you," Edward says as Riley freezes on the spot to look at the redhead beside him. "She only created you and this army to avenge her true mate James, she doesn't care about you." 

"Thank about it, you're from Forks, you know the area and you created a daughter with Bella, that's the only reason she chose you." Edward tries to reason, Riley has a flashback to when he saw Willow in Charlie's house.

"Riley, don't let him do this to us." Riley then clears his mind from the visions of his daughter. He could protect her after this was all over. 

Riley takes a step forward. "You're dead," he says before Seth jumps out and tackles Riley to the ground, tearing his hand off in the process. 

Edward then starts an argument with Victoria, angering her as he reminds her of what he did to her former lover. She lunges at Edward before they have a fight. Riley calls out his lover's name but she ignores him as she goes for Bella once more. Edward gets the upper hand and tears off her head. 

He lights her body on fire, while Seth drags over the remains of Riley, the photo he had taken from Willow's room falls out of his leather jacket. Bella picks it up before Seth throws his limbs into the fire. She turns over the paper to see two words written on the paper.

I'm sorry.

She looks confused before Edward patches up her cut she had created distracting the fight saving Edward's life and she places the photo into her pocket.