13

While the snow falls outside the window, the Swan house is bustling with activity inside. Charlie and Sue are making final tweaks to the evening meal while the young adults sit around in the lounge waiting to open Christmas presents.

Renesmee has a large grin on her face, as she's looking around at all the people she cared about. Including Willow who sat on Leah's lap having a conversation about the when she was able to enjoy the snow. "Alright, present time!" Charlie calls which gets Willow's attention.

She had worn her hair down for the occasion and pulls the stray pieces from her face. "Seth stop eating." Seth laughs before complying with Charlie's command while Charlie calls for Jacob to start handing out presents.

After a small conversation in the other room, Bella walks over to hand Charlie his present. "Well dad, we didn't have enough time to wrap yours. But here it is." Charlie takes a seat in his armchair before opening the envelope. "It's a five-day fishing trip to Fraser River, it's for you and Sue." Adding that they were leaving tomorrow.

"Wow that's really nice, thank you," Charlie says with a smile. "I can't leave tomorrow."

Sue walks over and hands Charlie a beer before sitting on his lap. "I made arrangements for you at work." She says with a smirk on her face.

"Sneaky." He says putting the tickets back. "And what about Willow?"

Leah lets out a laugh. "Already sorted, I'm taking her for a trip to San Fransico," Leah replies. Bella gives a smile in her direction whereas Leah sees a large grin on Willow's face. Bella was funding a trip to get her other daughter out of town while they faced a threat that may end her family's life, she needed to save as many as she could.

Leah was sitting the fight out, as last time she was the reason why Jacob got hurt. Not to mention she needed space from seeing her ex-boyfriend for five minutes. Jacob was in charge of making an escape with Renesmee during the battle.

After presents had been opened Renesmee runs out the door to play in Charlie's front yard, Willow follows her not able to keep up with her speed. Even though Willow was older than her sister Renesmee was developing much faster and appeared to look older than Willow. Bella looks out the window with a smile. A small part of her was glad that the sisters were able to get along when they were together.

It took a long time for Willow to warm up to her new sister, she now enjoyed spending time with her when she was dropped off to spend time with Charlie. Willow sported a pink beanie that Sue had made for her and a black jacket while Renesmee wore designer items picked out by her family. 

Bella had gifted clothing to Charlie that Renesmee had outgrown, they would last Willow for a few years. While Bella smiles at the interactions with her daughters out the window, Edward stands beside her watching in the same direction. "You will have to leave your family at some point." He remarks.

Bella lets out a sigh. "I don't Charlie could handle being alone." She looks towards the kitchen to see Sue and Charlie mucking around as they wash the dirty dishes. 

"They will be alright, Willow won't remember and they will be safe from any supernatural danger," Edward says holding his wife's hands. "With the fight tomorrow, we need to protect as many members as we can."