01

Part One: Backlog

Incredible poster made by panaceia-

Bella Swan was a mysterious girl. Everyone had their secrets, and Bella had bigger secrets of her own. While she sits in the backseat of her mother's beaten down car, the radio blasting music she looks out the window. The last sights she takes in of Arizona, the heat she would miss before the dreary Forks she grew up in.

Her mother turns the music down, seriousness written in her face. "Bella, perhaps it's time you spend some time with Willow." Bella looks at her mother, a blank expression on her face as she is referring to the mistake of her lifetime.

"I am going to Forks to spend time with my dad, not my kid." Bella reminds her mother in a snarky tone. She hated being reminded of the child Renee adored. "Besides I doubt Riley would let me near her, didn't he move to the city?"

Renee sighs. "His mother keeps me informed a lot about Willow. She would be pleased to have you visit, they're caring for her while Riley gets his degree."

While Bella rolls her eyes at her mother she is unaware of how much her life was about to change once she steps foot back into her childhood hometown. The conversation is dropped while she nears the airport.

Back in Forks, Willow is sat on the floor as she looks at her grandmother prepare the evening meal. She hums to a beat of a song which had been stuck in her head after listening to the radio. Her grandfather walks through the front door a smile is placed on Willow's small face. "Hey, beautiful." He greets the baby, lifting her off the ground and placing a kiss on her forehead.

He walks into the kitchen to greet his wife. "Have you heard from Riley lately?" He asks his wife out of curiosity. He had previously tried to call his son to no avail.

His wife thinks for a small moment. "Not that I can recall this week, but last Thursday we chatted briefly online. He had mentioned his exams were very stressful." She informs her husband. "I'm sure he's studying hard."

"I just have this feeling that something is wrong, but he is an adult now he can make his own choices." He says before setting his granddaughter down in her highchair. "Charlie called into the diner today, Bella is home today."

His wife nods. "She has refused to see her daughter before, I wouldn't hold out hope this time." She says. "We will keep the offer open for Charlie, he adores Willow." She says with a smile.

There is then a knock at the door, Mr and Mrs Biers look at each other. They weren't expecting any visitors. Mrs Biers gets up to open the front door, only to see her son standing there in the rain, a package in his hand. "Hello, mother." He greets with a grin before his mother pulls him in for a hug. "I thought I would surprise my family." He says.

The usual exchanges are given in the Biers household before Riley sees his daughter looking at him a small smile present on her face. He smiles back. "Just as perfect as always." He says before pulling out a stuffed bear from the brown package. "I got this for you."

Willow reaches out for the brown bear and pulls it close to her body. While Mrs Biers snaps a picture on her camera of the small change between father and daughter.

Amazing trailer by Dredge116