6

Makenzie Parks

May 1, 2021
Home
~~~

I walked downstairs to see the guys chilling in the living room. Dee was laughing at whatever was on the television and the others were on their phones.

"Hey Dee." I spoke causing him to turn around and smile.

"Hey Kenz."

I walked over to Mac and sat next to him. I pulled my phone out and just scrolled through social media. I had just finished up my online courses and I had free time. I would've went in to work, but I decided against it. I just wanted to stay home and watch a couple movies.

"You good?" Mac asked causing me to nod. He looked me up and down before looking back at his phone. "I was surprised to see you leave the room, I heard you crying this morning."

It's true, I was in my feelings about Kash as usual. He been calling me nonstop tryna make sure I'm okay. I just keep sending him to voicemail because I don't wanna talk. His lies is the reason I got my ass beat in the first place. He must've been dating her, but messing around with me on the low.

"I was just overwhelmed."

"Yeah right." Sha laughed causing Quez to do the same. I sat up on the couch and Mac looked over at me.

"Don't y'all start."

Dee bawled up his face, "Yo Sha why you always bothering her? You stay tryna make her mad dude like chill out."

"I ain't tryna make her mad, she just be acting like she so innocent and clueless." He shrugged.

"Why is that your business though?" Dee asked causing Sha to look over at him.

"Chill Dee, we all know you like the girl." Sha and Quez laughed, "It's written all over your face. Y'all might as well get married."

Dee got up from the couch and left out the house. I stared at those two dumbasses before standing up myself.

"I hate the both of you."

I followed Dee out the house and jogged up to him. I grabbed his arm and we both began walking down the sidewalk. We walked in silence for a moment before I broke it.

"Is it true?"

"What?" Dee asked looking down at me.

"That you like me." I smiled and he laughed before shrugging.

"I mean, yeah. Maybe just a little bit." Dee smiled causing me to do the same.

Deonté Carter, was literally one of my crushes. Well, he became my crush after Kash left for those two years. We never tried each other, because Mac would never allow it. So we just stuck to flirting and stuff like that. We haven't been doing it lately though, because I been too busy worried about Kash.

"Wanna go to the park?" I asked and he nodded.

We walked around the corner to the park and ran to the swing sets. I sat on the end and he sat beside me. It was late in the evening, so the sun was just now going down. I probably wouldn't be out here long, but I didn't mind sitting here with Dee.

"Not tryna get in yo business, but what happened to yo face? The other day when you know came home remember?" Dee asked and I thought of a quick lie.

"Um, I was play fighting with Tyra and it got serious. We still cool though, we both apologized to each other."

"Oh, I thought Kash had hit you."

"Huh? Why'd you think that?" I asked confused. Kash has never hit me, even when he got mad. The most he would ever do is ask me to leave.