35.

Makenzie Parks

November 5, 2021
Kash House
~~~

"Then why he brought yur' home?"

"Kash." I frustratedly placed my hand against my forehead. "He was there so I rode home with him."

"What else?" He asked all in my damn personal space.

I sighed, "Nothing, I'm pregnant."

"So yur' would've fucked him if yur' wasn't pregnant? Got it." He walked away from me.

"Kash." I called as he left out the room.

I heard his keys jingle and I got out the bed. I put my robe on walking out trying to stop him from leaving.

"Where you going?" I asked and he sighed.

"Move."

"Kash...if you want me to leave then I will. Just don't go fuck another bitch and I'm living in your damn house." I said causing him to bawl up his face.

"Ain't nobody finna fuck nobody, I got business to handle. Yur' can't be thur' so take yo ass to bed." He said before leaving out. I rolled my eyes to the ceiling going back into the room. I ain't got time for the petty bullshit right now.

I went back in the room and picked up my laptop. I was trying to do a maternity shoot, and I had to book a slot before it got filled. January 2 was the last slot she had left and I was determined to get it. Kash is supposed to be taking them with me and I hope he does. He just been acting like an asshole, but I hope it goes away.
~~~

Shamir Miles

Alexis Parent's House
~~~

"So how's job hunting?"

"Great, Sha is working on it." Alexis spoke for me and I chuckled looking back at my phone.

"What she said."

"How do you plan on supporting my daughter without a job Shamir?" Jackson, Alexis father, asked and I sat my phone down.

"I have a job, just not the one y'all want me to have." I explained.

"Well how long do you want to stand on the corner selling drugs? How will you ever be able to retire from that?" Yani asked and Alexis sighed.

"Guys-"

"I'll figure it out, and I thank y'all for helping me but I can't rush it." I said causing them to sigh and nod.

Alexis folks knew what the fuck I been on. It's no secret, and it will never be one. I been cool will her for a few years before we even had sex. I was selling weed then and I'm selling this shit now. You can't stop the rain.

"We spoke with officer Miles and-"

I bawled up my face, "Wait what? For what?"

"He's worried about the path you're heading down. He's just looking out for you Shamir." Jackson spoke.

"It's a little too late for that." I got up from the table causing Alexis to do the same. I walked outside and she was hot on my heels.

"My parents only pressure you because they care about our relationship." Alexis said causing me to nod.

"I bet."

"What is your problem?" Alexis asked squinting her eyes at me.

"Nothing." I reached in my pocket pulling out my lighter. I wanted to get high as a kite.

She snatched it out my hand.

"No, don't start being nonchalant and shit again. We're passed that stage in our relationship and it's not coming back. Talk to me-"