47.

Makenzie Parks

May 6, 2022
Home
~~~

"Who hurt the baby?" Mac asked as Makel cried in his arms. I looked up from mopping the floor before shaking my head. Mac won't put my baby down for nothing in this world.

"Didn't I say you're gonna spoil him Machai?" I stopped mopping and looked at him.

"He crying Kenzie."

"Mac nothing's wrong though, put the pacifier in his mouth and lay him down." I sighed causing him to ignore me. I put the mop back in the mop bucket and began to wash the dishes.

Marissa came walking downstairs with her laundry basket.

"Need help?"

"No thanks, I got it." I mumbled and she slid me over taking the dish rag out my hand.

"I got it, and I told you that you need to just focus on your son right now. Let me handle the chores." Marissa said and I nodded my head.

I dried my hands off and walked out the kitchen. Mac was rocking Makel to sleep so I went upstairs to my bedroom. I closed the door behind me and crawled into bed relaxing my body. As soon as I closed my eyes, my phone began ringing.

"Ugh." I grumbled answering, "Who is it?"

"It's meeee." Camari dragged, "What you doing?"

"Laying down." I mumbled.

"Well get up, we going to try this new restaurant. Tyra already said to make you get out the house since all you wanna do is be laid up in the bed with Kel."

"He just turned a month today, what hell else am I supposed to be doing?" I chuckled a bit rubbing my forehead.

"I don't know...anyways, just get up loser." Camari said before hanging the phone up.

I pulled myself from the bed and started pulling clothes out my closet. I haven't seen my friends as much, but I do miss them. Camari has been spending time with Asia, and Tyra got kids of her own. We're all just growing up and doing our own thing. But that's why I'm not gonna turn down an opportunity to see them since I barely do anymore.
~~~

"Hey bitch!" Tyra hugged me and I laughed.

"Hey hoe." I smiled.

"Did they change Makel last name yet?" Camari asked.

I nodded, "Makel Amir Miles."

"Aww, no cap like I was shocked as fuck. I kept saying to myself Shamir and Kenzie got a baby...ew. But it's still growing on me." Tyra said and I pushed her a bit sitting down.

"Yeah it felt so surreal, and I just be like surprised myself sometimes." I said truthfully as we picked up our menus.

"How's everything as far as Sha?" Camari asked looking up from her menu.

"I mean, we co parenting and that's about it. He comes to the house and stuff and sees the baby and he buys stuff that Kel needs. But there's not much he can do, because Mac don't like him around anymore. I only let him come over when Mac isn't home to keep down confusion." I explained.

"I hate it's like that." Tyra shook her head. "Marquez said that Sha been acting funny towards him lately. You got any idea about that or?"

I shrugged, "Nope, we only talk about the baby and that's it. We're tryna figure out how he can see the baby more without me having to drop him off at Sha house or having Sha just come visit while Mac ain't home."

"ManMan and I used to meet up in the park, but I understand since he's so little you don't really want him out the house."

"Exactly." I nodded.