10

Makenzie Parks

May 21, 2021
After Work.
~~~

I got in the car slamming the door hard as hell.

"Don't be slamming my door."

"Where is Mac? I wanted him to pick me up not you." I asked and Sha looked me up and down.

"Yo ungrateful ass better be lucky I even came. I thought about leaving yo dumbass here looking stupid." He mugged me.

"I didn't ask!" I argued and he unlocked the car doors.

"Get the fuck out."

I did just that, and I didn't even look back. He drove away and I threw my purse down sitting on the curb. I wasn't in the best of mood today, I felt annoyed. I just wanted to lay in my bed and watch television.

"I hate it here." I pressed my hand against my forehead. The wind was blowing hard and it looked like it was about to storm. I shook my head dragging myself up from the curb. I rammed my earbuds in my ear and went to my music.

I pressed play on my playlist and it began playing Jhene. I just put my hood over my head and began to walk home. I folded my arms over my chest and walked the block. I was familiar with the neighborhood, so I wasn't afraid. I just would rather be in a bubble bath with my music blasting. Maybe even smoking a blunt or two.

"KENZIE!"

I looked back to see Sha walking up to me. His car was parked on the sidewalk with the hazard lights flashing.

"Don't talk to me."

"Get in the car, I don't need your brother being mad at me." Sha said and I rolled my eyes. I walked over to the car and slid in the backseat. I closed the door and sighed. Sha got in and pulled off just before it began pouring down.

We drove down the road and I stared out the window. I noticed we were driving in the opposite way of my house. I didn't want to ask, but I was very curious. After about five minutes or so, we pulled up to a nice two story house.

Sha pulled his phone up and texted somebody. I continued looking out the window until this brown skin girl came walking up to the car. I watched as she slid in the front seat and leaned over and kissed him.

 I watched as she slid in the front seat and leaned over and kissed him

"Um?" The girl looked back, "Who is that?"

"Nobody but Mac lil sister, I gotta drop her off and then we can head out aight?"

She nodded, "Okay."

The girl waved at me and I waved back. She was pretty, she was short and she was very slim. Her voice was a bit squeaky, but nothing I couldn't tolerate. I mean, she must be crazy though. She has to be if she dealing round with a bum like Sha.

"Hey, I'm Alexis."

"Makenzie, but you can call me Kenzie." I said and she nodded.

Sha pulled off, but Alexis turned around and started conversation with me. I didn't mind, I like to meet new people. I never have issues with anyone until they make me have them.