49.

Makenzie Parks

May 19, 2022
Graduation
~~~

I sat down in my seat holding Makel who was asleep. Mac, Camari and Tyra all sat down beside me as we waited for the ceremony to began.

"Where Quez? I thought you said he was outside?" Mac leaned over and I shrugged.

"Mari said he was."

"Nevermind, he with Sha." Camari said pointing causing all of us to look.

Sha and Quez walked up and Mac kissed his teeth bawling up his face.

"Aye, go over two seats." Sha said causing Camari to slide down and he sat down next to me. Quez sat in the empty next to Sha and threw his arm over Camari shoulder.

Mac exhaled loudly before pulling his phone out. Not the both of them sitting beside me. Mac was angry as hell and I just prayed that they ain't break out fighting. Not on Deonté day, he wanted us all to be here so they need to be on their best behavior.

"Let me get the baby." Sha said and I handed him to him. I put Makel pacifier in his mouth and looked back at the ceremony.

We haven't all been together as a group since the DNA results. It felt awkward with all of us hanging around. It's like nobody want Sha around for real, well, that's what I feel.

"Welcome, to University of Tennessee class of 2022 graduation ceremony. Would everyone please rise for the pledge?"

We all stood up and Mac looked over at Sha before looking at me.

"He ain't even holdin' his head right but you let this nigga give you a baby?" Mac asked causing Sha to look over at him.

"Yeah nigga don't forget, this my son not yours." Sha chuckled.

"Nigga-"

"Don't." I pushed Mac back, "Quez and Sha switch seats. We not having none of that alright?"

Quez and Sha swapped out seats and I sighed. Placing my right hand across my chest. Lord this was gonna be a long ass day.
~~~

"Congratulations!" I hugged Dee as he walked over to us with his diploma.

"Thank y'all, like this is an honor for real." Dee smiled.

"Congratulations nigga, what time the party start?" Sha asked causing him to laugh.

"You know everything. But it start at ten, y'all pull up if y'all can. I know y'all got Makel though." Dee said and I nodded.

"I'll see if Mumu can watch him. I wanna come to the party." I said and Mac laughed.

"Should've thought about that before you let this bum knock you up."

Sha chuckled ignoring him. I'm so glad that Sha hardly let's stuff get him angry. Let that had of been Quez, they would've been fighting instantly.

"Y'all come on, let's all get along for me." Dee said taking Makel out of Sha arms. "Y'all coming to my house for dinner?"

"Nah man, I got somewhere to be. I'll catch y'all later though." Sha said pecking Makel on his head before he gave Quez dap. I watched him walk away before looking back at Dee.

"We're coming, come on let's beat this traffic." I said causing everyone to nod.
~~~

"Bruh, everything I put on make me look fat as hell." I let out a frustated groan looking in the mirror.

" I let out a frustated groan looking in the mirror